Dev channel update to 77.0.230.2 is live

Microsoft

Hello insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.230.2 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel.  There were quite a few fixes and additions this week that we believe are significant enough to mention: 

New features and behavior: 

• Added the ability to mark up screenshots with ink.
  • Prevented extensions that are banned from the Chrome extensions store from being installed.
  • Added messaging to better help users for some cases when Internet Explorer mode fails to start.
  • Added the ability to import settings from the original version of Edge.
  • Added additional text to identify when a window is InPrivate or Guest.

Fixes for improved reliability and stability:

• Fixed a crash when pressing Tab.
  • Fixed a crash when pressing F6.
  • Fixed an issue where the Downloads page sometimes didn’t render.
  • Fixed an issue where Netflix was slow when playing 4K video.
  • Fixed a crash when installing extensions.
  • Fixed a hang when playing certain types of videos.
  • Fixed some hangs when opening Application Guard windows.
  • Fixed an issue where the popup blocker would sometimes fail to work in Internet Explorer mode.
  • Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes fails to start properly.
  • Fixed some issues where opening certain PDF files sometimes failed.

Fixes for improved behavior: 

• Fixed an issue where SafeSearch couldn’t be turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where selecting all text in a PDF didn’t work.
  • Fixed an issue where the Apps page occasionally shows duplicate entries.
  • Fixed an issue where languages were getting added to edge://settings/languages when they shouldn’t have been.
  • Fixed an issue where PDF form fields sometimes don’t appear properly.
  • Fixed an issue where tab icons are occasionally the wrong color.
  • Fixed an issue where address bar icons are occasionally the wrong color.
  • Fixed an issue where certain icons weren’t displaying correctly in certain countries.
  • Fixed an issue where the correct start page wasn’t appearing in some countries.
  • Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes didn’t display in the proper language.

As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions! 

77 Replies
I'm also having this issue with LastPass. Same with the fill and other options jumping up and becoming hard to click
Not retaining the sites added to the Site Permissions, Adobe Flash, "Allow".
The one difference between your situation and mine is that I am using the Lastpass extension from the Microsoft Store instead of the Chrome extension. The Microsoft Store version of Lastpass and Edge Dev version 77.0.230.2 work without any problems. My assumption had been that the Chrome version and Microsoft Store version were the same, but perhaps they are not quite the same.

@gabgb 

Since this update some websites looks disorted. Also LastPass extension (from Edge Insider Addons).

msedge_ddjq5GGNYB.png

@Toff-kun this fixed Reddit media playback, but not Twitch streams. Very stuttery.

An update to the video playback issue:

I'm running one 144hz and one 60hz monitor. Twitch streams work perfectly fine on the 144hz monitor, but break (very choppy playback) when I move the window over to the 60hz monitor (all default flags). This does not affect Reddit media playback (broken on either monitor, as in some parts of the image don't refresh for several seconds).

@igotinfected So that's weird. Twitch videos are streaming smoothly on both my 120 Hz & 60 Hz monitors--without changing any flags.

But changing that flag definitely fixed Twitter videos.

I wonder what's up with Twitch...

@jeffbrown66 I tried extension from both and got the same results as I noted and others have as well.

Hello @josh_bodner since last update x-ray in the prime amazon video stop working also videos flicking all the time plus some time YouTube videos not working and need to open in new tab to work

Love this browser but cannot get my Favorites to sync across devices.
Worst yet, now I installed browser on a new laptop I got and not only it did not get the Favorites synced to it, it wiped out existing favorites on my other laptop 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Tweeted at https://twitter.com/pgarfunkel/status/1157304790155702272?s=21

What am I missing?
Is it possible my company’s AD policies are disrupting this?

@josh_bodner i stared having more issues on Netfilx. Video periodically blacks out and UI elements become transparent yet still stay interactible. Previous issues were that if I pause the video and switch to another tab then return to the video after a few minutes the player will show activity indicator then error out. Also if i let the video play then switch tabs and switch back after a minute it will run accelerated for a moment until it catches up. All those issues are not present on chrome.

Since old edge also has similar issues with tab switching I tried disabling playready and explicitly enabling widevine but netflix doesn't seem to recognize widevine support. 

@ikjadoon Lol, but seriously though even if the image is cropped I can see that your taskbar has a few couple of pixels of unused space at the bottom. You can fix it by unlocking the taskbar and resizing it with the mouse!

But I mean, if that's how you like it then by all means keep it that way lol

@gabgb I'm having the same issues. Would be great if someone could share a way to fix this. Did a search and error code "M7111-1331" might be solved with clearing cache and history. Does not solve the "D7111-1331" happening in our case

Does not fix the problem on my SB2. It does marginally improve it but still has lots of dropped frames and tearing.

@henrik32259 

@henrik32259 wrote:
I'm seeing Reddit video problems too. Gfycat videos do not play well within reddit site, but same video works fine at gfycat site. Also noticed that if I make my Edge browser window real narrow then the video plays fine.

Not for me on twitter. I enabled the SurfaceLayer flag but all I get with a narrow window is that the bottom-right corner of an animated gif in Twitter goes at the correct pace but the rest of the video doesn't!

@josh_bodner 

Favorites icon still missing

wrong color on favorites folders (white on white is bad UX)

@HarHam You should report the problem from Edge itself with the « Envoyer votre avis » icon (the smiley). I hadn't noticed by myself, I see it now.

As for the search engine, for now we can change the one that is used in the address bar, but not the search engine for the new tab page. Bing remains.

@josh_bodner 

Probably, this is not the right place to communicate a known issue. I beg your pardon in advance.
Watching AT&T (ex DirectvNow.com) there's a problem with subtitles.
Whites stripes appear instead of text and if I tinker on it then the AT&T App Crash.
Thank you.
Edge (Chromium propelled) is the greatest innovation Win10, MS and your team could add to This OS.

Stefania