Dev channel update to 75.0.139.4 is live

Microsoft

Today we delivered build 75.0.139.4 to the Dev channel. This release chiefly contains changes from Chromium 75, but does contain two notable bug fixes as well:

• Fixed a crash when viewing a security certificate in F12 developer tools
  • Fixed a crash which prevented the browser from shutting down cleanly after the first time it is run

As always, let us know if you encounter any issues with this build. Thanks for being an insider, and see you next week.

-David

47 Replies

@emrold Are you using a VPN?  I have that problem when I'm connected through IPVanish.  When I disconnect, and do a direct connection, the problem goes away.

YouTube notifications still appear to be on the to fix list. Not working on 1809 nor on 1903 Release Preview. Guess will stick with my default browser for now. MS is not the only Chromium beta/dev Chromium-based browser having these notification issues.

@NicolSD Thanks for that tip.  I was trying to figure out how to do this. Nice to have but it could be more obvious. It seems to me it warrants a separate link for Search Engine rather than being buried under address bar. Maybe not. I guess now that I know where to find it i will probably never change it anyway. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No VPN. This is happening on multiple PCs, on multiple networks. I've submitted feedback... will wait & see.

@David Rubino Quando pretendem liberar a sincronização de extensões no navegador?

When did you want to release a sync of extensions in the browser?

The voice search in Google seems to be still unable to work on Edge

@emrold Seeing this issue as well. Submitted feedback for it. 

@billbyrnes 

Bill, it's, already, here.  And you can do it 3 ways, albeit, all using drag & drop. (1) use the Fav Bar within the browser. Grab & move where you want; includes or also, applies to items in 'extended' listings (via >). OR (2) > ... > Favorites and do the grab & move with that list (this one and 3 are good if Favs Bar is off as they don't necessitate turning Favs Bar on). OR (3) is shown below; please, note the highlighted path & K/B shortcut.  Here, again, just grab & move.

SortFavspage.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@David Rubino 

Hi David,

Certainly, mindful of the 'Rome wasn't built in a day' aspect, but, there sure is a lot missing, still, at this point.  Much of what exists, now, is ok, but, the distraction of all that's missing bothers & concerns Folks.  Easy to see the same few items mentioned & craved repeatedly.  Having the stuff back in is extremely imperative & critical/crucial.

That said, I will take this opportunity to give you a couple of items:

Leaving where you are & being switched to a separate new & different page for things in ... instead of using panels or a fly-out is completely & absolutely, wrong, unacceptable, silly (Read: crazy) as all heck & counter-productive/inefficient; have to stay immersed in & looking at the site you are using!  And, in ... having Pin to Desktop is rather silly.  However, what DOES need/MUST be there is Pin to Taskbar!

Edge C's behavior when using multiple desktops MUST BE fixed straight-away.  The concept is unworkable w/ Edge C until & unless this is fixed.

The known issue of Edge C not opening to its assigned page after the initial time HOPEFULLY will be corrected, soon.

And,

All the extensions that we, already, use & want, that are familiar & appealing, should be in the Microsoft Store, all of them! (Mouse gestures, Translator, Adblocker Ultimate, Print Friendly & PDF, et al).  "One-stop shopping" is a must.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Deleted 

I have had it, now.  Still, do LOL  See, it made me spell thos right ;)

Actually, thos does have a squiggly red line under it :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Interestingly enough, so does Ecto :thinking_face: Hmmm

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Actually mine isn't working

@NicolSD @eakart 

Nicol is correct.

There will not be 'global' regions or languages in beta Builds.  Whether an OS, browser or other, it is something that is added in the latter stages of development.  Some may, even, continue to be added after a release, in some cases.  President suggests all the languages & regions ultimately supported likely will not all be added simultaneously.  It is inappropriate & untimely to submit this as a bug.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@leon_h @NicolSD 

Yes, & then you search somewhere not, even, aware that (that) search engine you happened to be using was added to your list of engines.  I, actually, laughed a bit when I saw something like Twitter listed... what? Huh?  I didn't add that... nano second later, recalled looking for something in Twitter's search box sometime & voila, explained.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@David Rubino eagerly awaiting when I will be able to create a profile with my corporate profile (O365 login). Cheers!

May I bring to your attention, that there are some longstanding issues on the Microsoft Flow editing UI that manifest on Chrome only - that may be a Flow UI bug, or a chrome bug - they are corner cases where in some actions the Flow being edited disapears and the window gets blank (gray), requiring a refresh.

This post has links to several other forum topics on similar occurrences: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Flow-automatically-shows-blank-screen-when-editing...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Blank-page-when-configuring-SharePoint-Update-Ite...

Hi @David Rubino
I cannot find the flag "Save Page as MHTML" in latest dev build 75.0.139.4. I could enable it in the previous build but this option is not available now when saving web pages in this dev build. Where can I enable it again?
I think this is useful so I want to keep it in Edge.

@David Rubino I am unable to log into my account in the settings tab.

The pupup just goes to a all white screen.

I havetried uninstalling and installing a fresh install and still have the same issue.

@emrold 

I have the same issue but I suspect it needs a particular port open which may be commonly blocked.  If you can find out which port(s) are used in sync, I can experiment.  (I'm behind a new DOCSIS modem/router and it may be set too restrictive...)

Steve

@eakart Just follow these steps: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Search-Engines/m-p/449637

edit: uuups, a bit too late... nevermind! ;)

@David RubinoBring in built (VPN- support ) to browser so that  we can  browser safer at  public wifi spots, and bring back fluent design to browser and  please dont remove cortana support from browser.