Dev Channel - Weekly Updates?

Brass Contributor

Reading through the info on the various channels, I see this as a notation for the Dev Channel.

"it’s the best build of the week from the Canary channel."

Based upon that tidbit, I was expecting a new Dev build every week. Since we received the first iteration on Monday a week ago, I was expecting an update this past Monday (04/15). Am I reading something incorrectly and setting the wrong expectation?

I have been using Version 74.1.96.24 daily without issue. I am anxious for the spell checking to come to life, or at least the Grammarly extension to begin working before it can be my primary browser in a business environment.

24 Replies

@Rahsna Asurac - The update was available bright and early last Friday, so anticipating the same would not be unreasonable. Fairly sure the process is queued up and a bit more automated than waiting on Fred to make it into work in Redmond and press the button. 

75.0.139.1 began rolling out to the Dev channel hours ago.

If you're really champing at the bit to get new builds, the Canary channel is where you want to be.

@Eric_Lawrence - Nope. Just anxious to get my weekly Dev fix. In a production environment, letting Canary flesh out the hiccups first seems the wiser choice.

Thanks for the heads-up on the new Dev though. A quick current version check triggered the update download even though the browser itself was not reflecting its availability.

With today's (04/26) update to version 75.0.139.1 of Dev, I was surprised to see that a working spell check was still not included. However, I was greatly pleased to see that the Grammarly extension for Edge started working this morning, even prior to the browser version update. I am presuming that Grammarly must have made a change in the extension that fixed it. So, while it is a mystery as to why it started working, I will certainly take it! A lack of spell check was the only obstacle to a Chrome uninstall and shifting to Edge dev as my primary at work. Long since done in my home environment with old Edge and new.

@Eric_Lawrence Not really champing at the bit to get new builds, but trying to understand what to expect from weekly builds, so I can plan myself to update the browser and look at the changes.

Based on the last 2 releases I guess it's safe to assume that we'll get a new Dev release every Friday morning PST.