SOLVED

Dark or Light - Canary or Dev

Silver Contributor

Y'all may find this interesting... The Dark flags are not enabled for either Canary or Dev.  The OS is using Dark. Besides the page shown, this applies to Extensions, et al, under the ellipsis ... and Flags page. This ⬇ was not the case before today, as I recall. On the left is Canary & on the right is Dev.

C vs D.jpg

BTW, anyone noticing it & interested in the clock, it is hugely customizable! Position, size, colour & more.

Cheers,
Drew 
thVY64FD02.jpg

8 Replies

@Drew1903 One thing I wanna ask, how did you customize the background color of the the title strip behind the Tabs on the top of the Edge window? I have seen it in many shades across places but seems I am missing something over here?

@Drew1903  Same for me. DEV ligth, Canary Dark

best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Rohit Yadav 

Rohit, that is affected by the OS Accent colour selected. 
In Win10 > Settings > Personalization > Colours and Choose your (accent) colour & the what or where it applies (Tip: Include (Check ✔) Title bars and window borders) .  Can even be a Custom colour.  The caveat here is with Dark certain accent colours make the tabs & especially the Active tab easy to see, to distinguish; Hint: a wee bit of contrast does the trick,

NB: The same colour choice has a slightly different hue in Canary vs Dev.

And, the OS is set to Dark if, I hadn't or didn't mention that, already.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

I got that, I had the black strip because I have that option turned off. Turned on and yea, it worked.
Thanks for the reply :)

@Alexander Jacubowsky 

Sieht so aus, als ob wir darauf warten, dass Dev auf canary aufholt... wobei, offensichtlich, Dunkles Thema erweitert wurde.  Es ist schön zu sehen. Hat mein Zustimmungsvotum, da ich Dark & like Konsistenz überall so verwende, desto besser. Btw, sowohl Twitter und YouTube bieten Dark für ihre Seiten, wenn, jemand interessiert ist; Ein/Aus-Umschalter in beiden.

Looks like we are waiting for Dev to catch up to Canary... wherein, obviously, Dark theme has been expanded.  It's nice to see. Has my vote of approval since I use Dark & like consistency throughout so, the more the better. Btw, both Twitter & YouTube offer Dark for their sites if, anyone is interested; On/Off toggles in both.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Rohit Yadav 

You're welcome.  Glad it was helpful.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Comments about the clock take us back to "the old days". Now where did I leave the clock??

@jinnya4050 

If anyone IS interested in the highly customizable clock, let me know & I will PM you so not to use Off-topic space in an Edge Insider Forum.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Rohit Yadav 

Rohit, that is affected by the OS Accent colour selected. 
In Win10 > Settings > Personalization > Colours and Choose your (accent) colour & the what or where it applies (Tip: Include (Check ✔) Title bars and window borders) .  Can even be a Custom colour.  The caveat here is with Dark certain accent colours make the tabs & especially the Active tab easy to see, to distinguish; Hint: a wee bit of contrast does the trick,

NB: The same colour choice has a slightly different hue in Canary vs Dev.

And, the OS is set to Dark if, I hadn't or didn't mention that, already.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

View solution in original post