Dark Mode for Websites

Microsoft

The move towards Dark Mode across the industry is great - it really feels much more modern and reduces strain on the eyes. Almost everything I do on my PC is in dark mode these days: Visual Studio Code, Microsoft Teams, Windows Mail/Calendar, Microsoft To-Do. But when I switch to Edge, I'm always accosted by a bright white Bing search or other bright websites. Some sites do a great job with Dark Mode on their own (Azure DevOps, MSDN), but most don't yet have this option. There are extensions like Dark Reader that work well, but really slow down page rendering. The tech Microsoft has built for things like Mail and OneNote dark modes is great at making natively light content dark, can you please bring something like this native to Edge to darken the bright websites that are constantly bombarding my poor eyes with excess photons? Thanks for all the great work on this product so far!

1 Reply

@dfarmer 

I completely understand this native request, as well as others. 

I know we have been gradually improving Dark Mode since it's been released, and I feel pretty positive we will do our best to keep improving it for everyone over the updates of these channels. Which makes it exciting to see where it goes in my opinion.

Thanks for your feedback and this great request,

Frank