Ctrl + F Arrows up and down are hard to see in dark mode

Steel Contributor

The up and down arrows of the Ctrl + F command are next to impossible to read.

Annotation 2019-04-26 225904.jpg

My suggestion to Microsoft: You guys might want to check your Insiders on this if you think my idea worthwhile. There should be three modes available to the users.

1- Light mode (sets of colours and visual effects are predefined -- but both Transparency effects and Choose your accent colour are disabled in Windows settings)

2- Dark mode (sets of colours and visual effects are predefined -- but both Transparency effects and Choose your accent colour are disabled in Windows settings) 

3- Picasso mode (let the user have as much fun as they want with their window's accent colours and transparency effects)

My bet is: do it this way and almost nobody will use the Transparency effect and Accent colour anymore.

8 Replies

@NicolSD 

They will brighten a bit once you start to type into the box if anything is found. That's my experience. They appear to be greyed out until something is found, and while greyed out they are indeed more difficult to see. I don't see that being a problem as long as they are readily visible when something has been found.

My 2 cents, whether worth a full 2 cents or not.

@rhapdog Tried it, you're right. Though I'd like them to be still brighter than they eventually change to.

Dark mode is not officially out yet, When it would be out, those arrows would be fine.

@Deleted -- As far as I am concerned, one of the purposes of having Insiders is to guide the development team with what works with users and what doesn't. If no one tells MS what we like and don't like, nothing's ever going to change.

@NicolSD , I think You misundertood what I was telling, I should've more elaborated. BTW, What I meant to say was Dark mode is not out yet, you can enable it through flags and it was embedded in chrome's flag. I used those flags in chrome and experience was same like you, many things didn't work correctly, When it was out officially on chrome, everything was fine. MS is still working on development of Dark Mode, The flag is same from chromium project that's why there are issues with it like you addressed one. When it will be out officially It would be fine, then we should complain , if not work correctly. Hope you understand what I was babbling about.

@Deleted -- Please believe me when I say that I am not trying to argue with you, just trying to clarify things. Microsoft does want our input at all points of the product development, not when something is finished. Here is my best evidence. Check this other thread I started last week: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Dark-mode-ok-for-a-first-step/m-p/482968#M2101

Please look for the comment we got from IrinaL at Microsoft.

Yes Buddy I know you are not arguing, ;)
Thanks for the visual feedback, we appreciate the detail!