Color of Top bar

Bronze Contributor

Hello

I have the top bar which is blue,

Capture2.PNG

But in the background it is black (window in the background)

Capture.PNG

May it stay in blue (like other Windows apps in background) ?

Thanks
19 Replies

@tistou 

Thank you for taking the time to present this suggestion. It is interesting. I will relay this to the product team.

Gabriel

@v-gapart Thanks so much

For this browser to be perfect, I just miss a favorite button (and menu) like IE and current Microsoft Edge

@tistou 

Hi,

Do you have this no matter what sites?  What happens if you choose certain (other) OS Accent colours?  I can only show what mine does... the 'active' or top page is a more intense hue of the same colour showing on 'background' windows... but, those top bar are of a less intense hue.  You can see, mine are not going from the colour to black.

Barshades.jpg

NB: That top bar colour is, infact, determined by the OS Accent colour you have picked to use.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 With any apps, the active and inactive window are blue, except for the non-active Edge Chromium window which is black

Not tested with other colors

And I test with, for example the Edge window in the background by opening a explorer window (or the start menu)

@tistou 

Hi 'T',

We are with the understanding that all those Edge features are coming; not, necessarily all at once, though.  But, we are told all will be in by the time Edge C is released.  There is a bunch of (same) stuff that continues to be mentioned & apparently it all be in at some point.  Reckon once everything IS there, the combined smiles could wrap the equator :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:  The things are pointed out to the Team quite frequently... including, many new Folks to Edge C & the Forum.  So, it will continue to be put forth until each thing is there.  Most of these things are not listed under "Coming soon"... seems we are to 'know' they will come.  Fortunately we've have some fairly candid & reliable (other) info telling us the items will be included.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@tistou 

Maybe, I mixing up jargon or terms are confusing this... The pic I showed was browser windows... and then there are, also, app windows.  Again, the browser title bar colour CAN be set & is determined by what OS Accent colour is used & if show on title bars is selected.  Anyway, here is another shot near what you described with an IE window front & centre, a couple of Edge C windows behind and a Pictures 'folder' window & the Mail app.  It's not restricted to blue & black.  Nor as you see does THE colour change except for its intensity (on the browser windows). The pics window & Mail are dark because the OS is set to Dark.  I don't know if any of this speaks to your concern or not, but, trying, at least.

Pretty funky clock, too, eh? 

Barhues.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Hello I retested one of the latest Canary version and I still have the black bar, it is not yet "modified" ? Thanks

@tistou 

I'm on latest version of Windows 10 

using latest version of Edge insider Canary

it's always been working fine for me, look:

Not focuedNot focued

FocusedFocused

Here is my Windows color settings:

Annotation 2019-08-20 173916.png

Compare it with your settings.

Is your Windows 10 updated to the latest version?

Thanks for your help

Here are my settings (1903) : 1.PNG2.PNG

and I "look" with the window in full screen (small button at the top right, next to the cross)

Seems fine so far,
what do you have in edge://settings/appearance ?
what is the theme set to in there?
in Edge, everything is default On Windows, it's a custom theme (but no problem with colors for Windows apps)
Again whatever it is it looks like there is something wrong in your computer settings.

I suggest you to temporarily set a custom background and remove the Windows theme.
then in Windows personalization, set both of those option to "sombre" or "dark".
also in the Edge inisder, set the theme to dark.
check edge://flags/ and reset all to defaults.

see what happens.

@HotCakeX 

In fact I use a tweak to have the top bar in blue when the window is in the background

Capture.PNG

By default, the bar is white
the problem may come from there

How did you do to have the color bar (window in the background) ?

Thanks

@tistou 

Nothing, you can see my personalization settings:

Annotation 2019-08-20 173916.png

when you tick those 2 options, the top bar window of the programs will use the same color you choose. I'm on the Windows insider but the procedure is the same in Windows 1903, only the location of those 2 options might be different.

Yes, the top bar window of the programs will use the same color I choose. But not the top bar for windows in the background (it stays white)

You have it like that on your PC ?

It's different for every program.
On Windows explorer (file manager), colors switch between pink and black (focus - not focused).
in Edge insider colors switch between pink and light pink.
in my download manager (Jdownloader2) and VLC media player, colors switch between pink and white.
in the built-in Microsoft edge, colors switch between acrylic transparent to black.

Microsoft gave many options to the developers to build their programs however they want so every program behaves differently according to its developer's desire. there is no fixed color for everything.

@HotCakeX 

Ok, so maybe my problem is that I put blue for all the windows (focus and not focused) as on my screen

I'm going to wait for Edge to "integrated" with Windows or for Windows Settings to work on Edge just like any other Apps

Thanks for your help
You're welcome :)

Hello

I forgot to mention that it was good

Thanks