Classic IE Interface Option

Copper Contributor

HI, I have thousands of clients. Avg Age 55-60.  Almost all of them do not like the interface of Edge, or Chrome. They find that FF with the Menu's set to show, much more to their liking as it mimics the IE look and feel.  If there was a classic option, IE like, they would almost all have been happy to have started using edge and would not even know or care what is under the hood so to speak. Change for change sake is not good or warranted. When Windows 10 came out if Microsoft Browser was all new but still called IE and looked and had the same menu structure, Microsoft would still be the dominant browser being used.  If not for IE not adopting modern technology and many web sites not working properly with it most would have never switched. I would say that the reason that most are using Chrome now is because IE became irrelevant and unsupported not because they prefer the Chrome interface. Changing the browser under the hood to Chrome technology will not bring back users. Edge is a lost cause from what I see.

2 Replies

@The_Computer_Doctor_MD 

I understand the simplicity that some users want, and the users who like to have their browsers take care of almost everything they need on a computer.

With our new Microsoft Edge Insider builds, I feel like we are trying reach all user groups with the options we have now to simplify the UI, and going over the feedback of our users to make something

you and many others would like.

That being said, I hope you will still give our Microsoft Edge Insider channels a good test drive, and give us your feedback of what you like or would like to change.

Thanks for your feedback,

Frank

@The_Computer_Doctor_MD wrote:

When Windows 10 came out if Microsoft Browser were all new but still called IE and looked and had the same menu structure, Microsoft would still be the dominant browser being used.  

Try Proper Menubar extension.

However your logic sounds faulty, based on small number of the menubar installs. Generally folks prefer simplicity, and on smaller laptop and device screen having various bars taking space is ridiculous. Further, menu options aren't used often to begin with, especially by older folks. Save and Print are accessible  from Context Menu.