SOLVED

Cannot access live TV in edge dev from telemundo or univision

Copper Contributor

Hello all, I am using the latest version of edge dev Version 80.0.328.4 and watching live TV from telemudno or univision does not work. For telemundo, one can click on their service provider to unlock live TV but nothing happens when one clicks on the service provider so that they can authenticate themselves to watch live TV. For univision, one is able to authenticate but are then returned to the provider selection screen to authenticate again without live TV being unlocked and thus one is unable to watch. It just seems to be these two websites on edge chromium as one is able to authenticate and watch live TV from other websites such as discovery on edge chromium.  I am able to watch live TV from telemundo and univision on original edge so it is just edge chromium in which this issue is encountered. This issue has been present in earlier builds of edge chromium dev but did not get around to reporting it until now. Anyone else who watch univision or telemundo having trouble watching the live feed using edge chromium browser? 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by berto82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,
there are few things you can try

1. turn off tracking prevention, edge://settings/privacy
2. disable all of your extensions
3. reset flags back to their default values: edge://flags/
4. reset Edge insider settings: edge://settings/reset

do each of them one by one and only go to the next one if the previous one doesn't work.

Thank you. I am now able to view live TV from both sites.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by berto82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,
there are few things you can try

1. turn off tracking prevention, edge://settings/privacy
2. disable all of your extensions
3. reset flags back to their default values: edge://flags/
4. reset Edge insider settings: edge://settings/reset

do each of them one by one and only go to the next one if the previous one doesn't work.

View solution in original post