Canary & New tab

Silver Contributor

Admittedly, referrencing Canary, here... but, assumedly, will go beyond Canary.  Personally, I think it's really cool what all is offered for New tab. Notice w/ it, really, clean & cleared things are, still, accessible at the bottom.  The daily pic is optional, hell, everything is optional :D; w/out it's blank except for Microsoft written on it.  There is, also, a cool redirect extension available which can be turned on & off w/ a toggle switch.  With it New tab becomes & opens to whatever you tell it to be.  You see the Weather tab.  Right now, I have it where if it's on New tab will be that. Can be anything, I'm just trying arbitrary stuff.  Turn it off & duh it's back to (YOUR) normal. Oh, the other thing about this being Canary, explains how the Favs Bar can be off on New tab.  See :eyes:, it's not there :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh, yes, Canary updated again yesterday and again, have no idea in what ways 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

NTP.jpg

Cheers,
Drew

5 Replies
Thanks for the feedback Drew! I am glad that you are digging the customizations allowed on the new tab page.

Yes, Elliot, much better with the additional choices, indeed!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Elliot Kirk I know its a small thing, but I love how the photo in the new tab and the daily Bing wallpaper in MS Launcher on my phone match. Get a small view on the phone, but a wider view on my Surface Pro.

Overall really liking the new Edge. 

You do realize the OP is by or from myself not, Elliot, right?

Nice it syncs across your devices :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone

@Drew1903 totally. Was just browsing through the discussions and figured my little tidbit wasn't worth a new post, but since you guys were discussing the new tab page and mentioned the photo..... :) 

I'm a moderator in another forum, so yes, very familiar with how all this works.