Build 77.0.223.0 has been released to the Dev channel

Microsoft

Hello insiders! Today we published build 77.0.223.0 to the Dev channel. This build contains a number of fixes and improvements, the most notable of which is a new feature to clear browsing data on exit. You can find this option in settings under "Privacy and services". Some of the other changes are listed below. Please let us know if you experience any issues with the update, and thanks for being an insider!

Fixes and improvements in 77.0.223.0:

• Fixed an issue which was preventing Hulu playback for some users. Hulu would not play on a supported monitor if there was a second unsupported monitor attached.
  • The user interface now uses Windows system settings and colors for high contrast.
  • When importing your data from other browsers in profile settings, a new option to import cookies is available.
  • Website permissions like access to location and devices are now migrated from the current version of Microsoft Edge when you install an insider channel.
  • When Microsoft Defender SmartScreen identifies a malicious site, if you open the site information flyout from the left side of the address box you will see new options to "Report as safe" and "Show unsafe content". 
  • SmartScreen protection is now built-in on macOS, and the SmartScreen extension has been disabled.
  • The option to disable SmartScreen is no longer available in guest mode.
  • In response to feedback, we increased the width of pinned tabs to make them easier to see and click.
  • The ability to export passwords to a CSV file has been restored.
  • Updated the error messages seen when the PDF reader is disabled in site permissions. Different errors are now shown for local files versus web files, and the messages offer a quick link to the setting.
  • In the download page, canceled downloads are now shown with gray color and strikethrough title.
  • You can now use spacebar to choose items in menus, in addition to the enter key.
  • When opening a menu with the keyboard, the first item in the menu is now selected by default.

Thanks! -David

56 Replies

@David Rubino 

Experimental AAD login support is not working.

Currently on a O365 domain-joined Windows 10 Pro with a Microsoft 365 Business account. 

It correctly identifies my account and oferrs me to sync the profile to that account, but when I try to do it it gives me an error: 

We can't sign you in right now
The Microsoft Edge team has been notified of this issue. Please try again later. Error code: -2147024540

Am using some internal services that use kerberos for auth. Can't access them through this version, although it works in safari and chrome @David Rubino 

@David RubinoThis one might be a bit difficult for you to replicate.

If you spin up an instance of a Genymotion Cloud Virtual Android and try to use the device, nothing will happen. It's just frozen.

I've tested the same via Google Chrome and it works fine. I'm not sure what technology displayes the virtual device in the browser, but it looks like MS Edge does not support it.

I've attached here a screenshot showing what the virtual Android device looks like.

@David Rubino New version runs an Adobe Flash site that I frequent much smoother than the previous version. 

@David Rubino Please put the possibility of changing the page of '' new tab ''

@Jos_Ignacio 

Jos,

It can be done, now, via THIS Extension.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@David Rubino 

Problems with Netflix. I can't set the subtitles (edge Dev 77.0.230.2). The window appears in the second floor "under" the video.

twitter videos are broken

This version completely broke Hulu playback for me.

Huh. I was just checking Hulu to see if it was bugged like Twitter, but Hulu on my end was actually OK. This x64 build, Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 (17134.885), and I just have the cheapest Hulu account (the one that comes w/ Spotify).
You should bring your W10 up to date, immediately. Should be 1903/18362.239

Cheers,
Drew

@Drew1903 

I noticed when that update was installed the issue went away.  Thanks for the heads up.

@dpilcher 

You're welcome, my pleasure.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

I do not find this to be the case.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I have this on 2 pc's. I can't view videos on Twitter correctly, nor gif's on certain sites, such as Twitter again, facebook nor WhatsApp, when receiving, unless I click to see enlarged.

Is this an inside problem with me, or others are as well ? I tried other browsers and there is no problem. thanks in advance. (:

@jerryx1 

Jerry,

Uncertain if this is helping you at all, but... I don't use FB or Whatsup, however, Twitter behavior is perfectly fine & normal (for me) and that's with Dev &/or Canary.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

I am seeing the same issues with .gif files in several websites, reddit, twitter, facebook, etc.. The .gif all have choppy video.