Browser Task Manager

Silver Contributor

I Love this new feature or at least it is new to me as I've never know of it before now.  

Browser Task Manager.jpg

Browser Task Manager 2.jpg

There is a problem though, I opened a new tab and then on the browser task manager window I selected the new tab and then pressed "end process" and it created an error and did not end the new tab.  New tab error.jpg

I've already sent feed back for it...

6 Replies
Thank you for sending feedback on this issue. I will let the product team that own this tool know about this feedback.

@Dennis5mile I believe this is working as expected. What you're actually killing with the "End Process" call is not the *tab* but instead the renderer engine process that populates that tab. So you get the error message in the content area indicating that the tab isn't getting any further content from the now-dead renderer.

@Eric_Lawrence wrote:

@Dennis5mile I believe this is working as expected. What you're actually killing with the "End Process" call is not the *tab* but instead the renderer engine process that populates that tab. So you get the error message in the content area indicating that the tab isn't getting any further content from the now-dead renderer.

Yes, I understand that, however, why would you want to keep the tab open if what was there is now dead?  If the process was not working correctly and you chose to end it, I'd like to see the tab gone too, instead of trying to reload that tab.  It's easy enough to open a new tab and try again.  Anyway, just curious ......@Eric_Lawrence 

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile This function is also available in Chrome, I think it's something from Chromium.

@Dennis5mile wrote:

Yes, I understand that, however, why would you want to keep the tab open if what was there is now dead?  If the process was not working correctly and you chose to end it, I'd like to see the tab gone too, instead of trying to reload that tab.  It's easy enough to open a new tab and try again.  Anyway, just curious ......@Eric_Lawrence 

I always used it to keep tabs opened without using RAM, similar to 'Set Tabs Aside' on Edge.

@Dennis5mile 

Dennis, 1st of all, no, this is not in Edge #1 (or whatever we want to call it LOL) it's something peculiar to Edge C.  It is, very, cool!  Would be even nicer if the icons ahd names/titles... bit of fun figuring what each listing is, especially, with similar icons repeated & no tag.

Now, as for the error you had & reported... I tried the same thing & it worked fine,  If a bug, it's not omnipresent.

ET.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Elliot Kirk 

FYI:

(But) Elliot, I tried it & it worked perfectly fine.  Reckoned you should know.

ET.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg