Bring full-screen functionality from edge to edge insider

Copper Contributor

it will be a good thing if you bring the full-screen features from edge to edge insider especially these three:

1 - the ability to show the hidden tabs as the cursor moves to the top of the page in full screen mode;

2- the ability to switch between multiple tabs in full screen mode; 

3- the ability to display the task bar in full screen mode.

thank you for your good work.

8 Replies

@Youssef_Elaamery, good idea about importing full-screen features from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft Edge Insider.  I will provide your suggestion to the team.

Eric E.

Thank you very much @Eric_MS 

3- the ability to display the task bar in full screen mode.

This. I loved this feature in Edge (Classic) and would love to have it in the new Edge as well!

CC: @Eric_MS 

@Eric_MS Is it possible (With the new Edge being cross platform) that we could see platform specific features being introduced? I would love to see some of the Metro IE features from Windows 8 make their way over, activated when in Windows 10 tablet mode for example.

If we could get an optional Tablet interface in tablet mode that shows the address bar along the bottom, gesture to bring up a tab switcher view of some sort (or the option to show each individual Edge tab within the built in Task Switcher as it's own "application" when in tablet mode for example).

Just throwing around some rough ideas to make Edge better for Tablet Mode users. If that's not a focus at all right now then fair enough, but would be highly interested to know if you are considering this, especially with the new iPad OS coming it would be great to see some Windows 10 specific features arriving to help compete against their (as it looks to be) slow move into the more traditional PC market (Mouse support etc.), as I already use an iPhone and PC I use Edge on both right now, I think a lot of Windows 10 users would like to see this kind of thing too.

@Daniel Harris, I like your idea for tablet interface mode for our tablet users.  I'll let the team know about your suggestion.

I would also like to see the foward and back touch commands. reload works but not the others not even on mobile. Simply put edge mobile was better for mobile than edge chromium on mobile.  Maybe fixing this on desktop for tablet will fix it for mobile.  Also the full screen mode shoudl be automaticlly engaged in tablet mode by default with options to enable or disable it in settings.

@Youssef_Elaamery 

@Daniel Harris This would be great. i would like to see this happen. if not this then port edgs's touch screen capability from win10 mobile.