SOLVED

Black border around text-box and drop-down menu

Copper Contributor

Since a few version on the CANARY the border around text-box and drop-down is black and I'm not sure how to fix that.

I don't have this issue on the DEV version and I even reset all the setting on CANARY version and still having this issue.

6 Replies

@dany20mh, that is definitely not right.  I cannot reproduce this on either the Canary channel or the Developer channel.  What websites are you seeing this on?  Have you tried restarting the browser to see if it is something temporary?

best response confirmed by dany20mh (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Judging from these screenshots, "Web Platform Fluent Controls" flag is enabled. I guess that's the how the new control might look like, but it's still work-in-progress, we'll see.

@flamott 

You are right, this was the Flag and if I disabled it (which it was set to default) it gets back to normal with that black border.

@flamott 

So I have this issue again and no matter I keep that flag as disabled or enabled, it doesn't make any difference and I still have a black border.

Is there something else that you can think might help me out?

It's the new default look of form controls, and will soon be adopted by Chrome. Guess they killed the switch to use the previous one.

@flamott 

The interesting fact is I use the same version of Canary in 3 different machines and I have 3 different results.

1. Windows Insider Build : Black border is in most places and it's so annoying.

2. Windows 1909 : Just some places and it's not annoying as it should be

3. Windows Server 2016 : There is no black border at all !!!

I wish there was a way I could fix this again :| 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dany20mh (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Judging from these screenshots, "Web Platform Fluent Controls" flag is enabled. I guess that's the how the new control might look like, but it's still work-in-progress, we'll see.

View solution in original post