Bing in searchbar not respecting language settings

Deleted
Not applicable

I'm really getting frustrated with this.

I have had to switch to Google search as they respect my language settings.

I am an American expat living in Germany, and have everything setup us-eng, including Bing, Windows 10, and Edge Canary. The only thing I can't change is my German keyboard... of course.

In Edge all searches and Bing homepage(set to open when Edge is started), are us-eng, but when I use the searchbar/omnibar, the searches come up German:pouting_face:

I really prefer Bing(since Microsoft started it.... really), I like how the results look, the results are what I'm actually searching for, and I just plain like the Microsoft eco system.

But this one bug, is really getting my goat.

4 Replies

Additional information:

This problem does not exist in "Edge Classic", so it must be the Canary/insider version causing this.

@Deleted I reported this in a smiley feedback. As a workaround I had to Add an alternate search entry specifying the English version.

I only did this to make the experience less frustrating until there is a fix.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to edit the string that is automatically created.

@ms4132 

Now I know it's not only my system, thanks for the response.

I'm sure they's fix it soon enough, as they already fixed something I reported before.

I just hope it soon as I do like Bing better tan Google, the results are usually about the same, but I prefer Bing's format best(plus it integrates best with Win10;).

@Deleted Similar problem here.
I changed my MS account setting to Germany.
I changed the language setting in Edge to Germany.
I used a german windows 10 developer.
I changed the country and location settings in Bing to Germany.
It works, bing is in German... until I restart Edge, it switch back to english US again.