Bing Visual Search & Edge C

Silver Contributor

1st of all, for anyone not familiar with Bing Visual Search... it is a very cool, very powerful & very useful ability.  You can read all about it HERE

This is done by Right Clicking on an image, be it Edge OR EdgeC.  But, it gives (right now) 2 different menus.  The yellow circled item is missing from Edge C.  The discussion, here, focuses on the red circles.  The phase, the wording, is different, BUT, they both are the same thing.
EtoB.jpg  ECtoB.jpg

Rt Clked this image from the MSN.ca web site

ImageUsed.jpg

and, with either Edge or Edge C, one ends up here ⬇

BVS.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

2 Replies

@Drew1903 

While I know this is late, I can definitely understand why you would want to use the Ask Cortana about this image option. I will relay that to the product team.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

Good, Gabriel, thanks.  Also... aside from & or in addition to the image consideration... Ask Cortana is missing (completely).  In Edge one can hightlight anything, a portion of text or whatever, Rtt Clk & have Ask Cortana.  This gives a nice little side panel of info from Cortana AND links to go from there to more expanded info on the topic using Bing.  So, in that case or application not quite the same... Cortana is not taking one away from the page they were viewing... if they go from there to Bing, (now) opens a Bing search page.  Point being, often the Cortana side-panel is enough & SUPER-handy!  Edge C needs this!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg