Better favorites management, integration with local favorites folder

Brass Contributor

I wish for a better management of the favorites. Especially the integration of the existing local favorites folder.
This would be easier to edit.
From my point of view, the local favorites folder can also be located on OneDrive.

19 Replies

Thank you for your feedback @T0RL0C, which local favorites folder are you referring to? What sort of favorites management are you looking to do? Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk I'm talking about Internet Explorer favorites. C:\Users\username\Favorites.
Editing and saving directly in the Explorer would be easier.

When it comes to Edge favorites management the ability to select multiple favorites at one time to move to a favorite folder would be great.@Elliot Kirk 

@HotCakeX Not everyone needs a cloud synchronization. Many of my customers don't want that.

You can already do that. go to manage favorites (CTRL + Shift + O for shortcut), hold CTRL key and select the favorites, then drag and drop them to whichever folder you want.

Well if your customers don't want convenience and ease of use then they can go ahead and disable the sync options and once in a while, manually, export their bookmarks to a single HTML file, the option already exists and one single file is better to manage than many files. also that single file is recognizable by most browsers in case they decide to import it to another browser.

Oops! You can disregard my previous post. Hadn't tried it in a while. Just did so and saw that it works now. Sorry!@Elliot Kirk 

Suppose the PC doesn't start anymore and you have to save the data. It is easier to save the classic favorites folder "c:\users\username\favorites" than to search for an html file. Does it even exist in Edge Browser or is it only created during export?
look there is a huge paradox here. you either gotta choose the easy way or the hard way. you chose the hard way when you said you don't want to use the cloud sync feature which is the safest method. so now you gotta do it manually which is exporting all of the favorites into a HTML file. it's not done automatically but manually. and it doesn't just go anywhere it wants, you gotta choose a specific folder for it. you can choose "c:\users\username\favorites" if you want.
This isn't about me and my wishes. It's about other users. Not everyone is like you or me. I see that every day.
I think there should be a way for everyone, even for those who want the classic way, with the old favorites folder.
And because this folder still exists, you should be able to use it for Edge Browser like you used it for Internet Explorer.
so you think Google chrome which is the most popular browser and the most used one is bad because it doesn't do that weird thing about favorites? lol and then internet explorer in 2019 which barely has less than 0.01% users, should be an example for a modern browser like the new Edge?
dude idk what you're talking. there IS A WAY FOR EVERYONE. it's the cloud way and the other manual way i told you.
if those people you talk about can't learn to adapt, to such a small tiny thing, then they better don't use internet in the first place.
We have other views, and thats ok. I'm ending this discussion with you now.
Yeah except i don't talk about my view but i talk about the facts. one of the funny things in your comments is that you said cloud sync is bad or those imaginary customers hate it but then you suggest to put those local favorites on the onedrive folder which is a CLOUD SYNC...wait what?
here is your exact quote: "Not everyone needs a cloud synchronization."
huge paradox.

@HotCakeX Cloud sync? No and never.

Okay lol It's weird I was talking to someone else.

@HotCakeX I think I'm missing something here. I'm on a surface pro 4, have done the steps you noted, but when I drag a selected favorite from the list on the right and drop it on another folder (on the left hand panel) I get the dialog for renaming that folder, and the item isn't dropped (obviously - because all it's picking up is the fact that I unpenned on the folder - which looks to it like an attempt to rename or open all items in the folder I guess).

Well I just tried it right now and it worked as always
Version 78.0.268.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

try connecting a mouse to your surface pro see if it makes any difference.
i can record a quick how-to video for you

Hi @Jacques Van de Meerssche, I am very glad that this is working for you now. - Elliot