Bad multi desktop behavior w/ Edge C

Silver Contributor

We had this same problem with Edge in the early days of Windows 10 until, it was finally fixed.  Now, seeing the same with Edge C and, again, it must be fixed.

With multiple desktops, obviously, things should open, exist and stay in a certain desktop.  If you're in #4 then, that's where everything should be.  However, Edge C is not doing that.  If you were last doing things in #2 and Edge C is asked to open in #4, it will open in #2, instead and add itself to the tabs in the, already, open browser in #2... instead of opening in #4 as, it should.

This (important) bug, in addition to here, has been reported to :) & MS Edge Support.

Certainly, if one does not use more than 1 desktop they will never discover this.  For those who do use them, this behavior makes the whole idea/concept not work.

Edge C Team needs to fix this soon!  It is a must-have & a must-fix.

NB: It was fixed with Edge before 10 was released after, Insiders reported it.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

4 Replies

@Drew1903 

Sorry that it took so long to get a response to this. We have corrected that in an update since this was posted.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

No worries, mate. Yes, Gabriel, you & I had that conversation quite some time ago, LOL.  & yes, has been fixed since way back when.  Catching up on forum notes, are you? ;)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

There was initially only one member of our team authorized to access the forums, I am trying to get the older ones answered and caught up to the present.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

"I am trying to get the older ones answered and caught up to the present"

Yes, Gabiel, it didn't take me long to piece that one together ;)  Have fun with that.  And, nice to see a familiar 'face'.

Gabriel, some of his colleagues and I have worked on some Edge C issues previously outside this forum.  That's why we know each other, already.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg