Are the keyboard shortcuts from edge coming eventually or are the chrome shortcuts here to stay ?

Brass Contributor

So far the browser as skeleton has operated very smoothly with almost no hiccups however i've noticed that all the keyboard shortcuts have changed to those of chrome not edgehtml (and Internet explorer before it)

for example:

• ctrl +k to duplicate tab 
  • backspace and shift +backspace to go back and forward 
  • ctrl + shift + p for inprivate mode 

I was wondering if these are engine reliant or just because this is a newborn edge :) !

3 Replies
We are currently looking into the best set of keyboard shortcuts to offer as default. Thank you for taking the time to test out the preview channels of Edge and for giving us this feedback. I will make sure that the right people see it.

@Elliot Kirk Do you mean we would be able to choose which set of shortcut to use in a later build if you say "best set of keyboard shortcuts to offer as default"? Would be a great idea to help Chrome user to migrate to Edge C

But please retain the Edge set of shortcut as default... Because at the end of the day I'm using Edge not Chrome 

I would like to second the request for specifically "Duplicate tab." It is one of the most used shortcuts that I used in edge and it would be a huge loss to lose it. 

I don't really care if its changed from ctrl +k to something else, as long as there an option to have it as an easy shortcut.