Android Support

Copper Contributor

I am loving the browser so far! Its like getting all the benefits of Chrome wrapped into a powerful Microsoft product with all the awesome features of Edge. I will likely be switching default browsers soon!

However, something very important to me is the fact I can use Chrome on my computer then it all sync to my phone and use it there as well. Is there a planned version for Android like there is now with current Edge? I didnt see it listed as "Coming Soon" in the download page.

6 Replies
Yes, Edge is already for Android but they have to update it to include chromium javascript like new Edge. if they do that i will uninstall chrome from my computer and disable it on my Android and set Edge as default there.

Yes, I tried the old Edge on my Andoird, but didn't like it because I didn't like Edge on my computer after giving it a fair shot. This changes things though if they bring Chromium Edge on Android as well. I was just wondering if we have got an offical answer if they are bringing Chromium Edge to Android.

@HotCakeX yes, I agree. I am looking forward to the Android version.

For me personally I enjoy using the same browser on my mobile as I do on desktop (multiple desktops/laptops actually) because things like history and bookmark sync are features I use a lot. If Edge on mobile is able to sync features with my desktop I'd be very happy with that.
I totally agree. Being able to swap from PC to phone to tablet makes for a more productive and convenient environment. I would certainly vote for Android and IOS.
Maybe after they enable full sync between the new and old Edge, you can use current version of Edge on Android and new version of Edge on desktop, this way you won't miss anything.