SOLVED

Allow the change of the main language on Microsoft Edge Insider

Deleted
Not applicable

Since the original canary build released 8/4/2019, Microsoft Edge Insider doesn't support changing of the core language, if i wanted to say i want to change the language from English to French or Greek for example, it is grayed out. It is really annoying.

6 Replies
The feature is already in A/B testing, it is expected that the feature will be available soon :) You can check following link for more information:
https://geekermag.com/manage-microsoft-translation-in-edge-browser/
best response
Solution
Hi @Deleted. We are working on getting the next version of the Microsoft Edge browser localized into many languages, but it will take some time. Please be patient with us. Thank you for taking the time to offer us this feedback, and for trying out our new browser. Please keep updating and letting us know what you think of our progress.

Hi guys!

What's up?

It worked for me like this:
- Go to edge://flags/
- Search for "language" without quotes
- Find "language localization"
- Change from "default" to "enable".
- Restart your browser
- Go to edge://settings/languages
- Click on "Add languages".
- Choose your language
- Click on the "3 points (more options)"
- Check the box "View Microsoft Edge in this language".

@luizruiz Please in my Canary version 77.0.200.1 "Language" there is not in edge flags.

Thank you.

What's up, my friend?

I noticed that in this version you quoted this item is disabled. They must have disabled it because it is not yet the best method to change the language.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Hi @Deleted. We are working on getting the next version of the Microsoft Edge browser localized into many languages, but it will take some time. Please be patient with us. Thank you for taking the time to offer us this feedback, and for trying out our new browser. Please keep updating and letting us know what you think of our progress.

View solution in original post