SOLVED

All of my bookmarks lost their icons in bookmark manager

Copper Contributor

My bookmarks have icons on bookmark toolbar but viewing them in bookmark manager they don't have their icons, they have the default placeholder instead. I'm using canary version.

Annotation 2019-08-29 164948.png

4 Replies

@MoodyElina - Bookmarks are called Favorites in Edge Canary/Dev/Beta. It's called Bookmarks in the Google Chrome versions. Just saying...Google has the same beta channels for Chrome and the new Edge is being referenced name (unofficially) as Chromium. So it's possible someone might download Chrome browser thinking it's Microsoft's Edge version. You probably didn't do that but saying just in case. :-).

I have all my icons next to my favorites/bookmarks. Both in my favorites bar and in the drop down favorites menu in the drop down menu. I'm using Edge Canary.

best response confirmed by MoodyElina (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MoodyElina 

Hi there, Welcome

It's happening to me as well. Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

just to make sure we're referring to the same thing, the bookmark manager/ manage favorites is here:  edge://favorites/  or  (CTRL + Shift + O) for shortcut

bookmark bar has all the favicons but in the manage favorites (bookmark manager) none of them have favicons. even when i tried reloading the website it didnt do anything.

I think it started to happen since the last update. you can also use the smiley feedback button on the top of the browser. let's hope they notice and fix it asap.

FIXED in Version 78.0.261.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MoodyElina (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MoodyElina 

Hi there, Welcome

It's happening to me as well. Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

just to make sure we're referring to the same thing, the bookmark manager/ manage favorites is here:  edge://favorites/  or  (CTRL + Shift + O) for shortcut

bookmark bar has all the favicons but in the manage favorites (bookmark manager) none of them have favicons. even when i tried reloading the website it didnt do anything.

I think it started to happen since the last update. you can also use the smiley feedback button on the top of the browser. let's hope they notice and fix it asap.

View solution in original post