Add pdf editing mode

Iron Contributor

Apprantly, Microsoft Edge (old one) was my pdf reader/editor. It had great features such as adding notes, drawing on it. However, this chronium version do not have those. I really hope Microsoft adds these features back. Also, I wish you can add text boxes on pdf. 

(P.S scrolling on chronium edge is laggy and not smooth at all!) 

23 Replies

@davequail I am not too sure of the cause of mouse jerkiness, but if you're a Windows 10 OS Insider too, I think its emanating from the recent Windows build updates. My reasoning is based on the fact that I experience this behavior across all applications, not only the Edge preview application... I can bet five bucks its the Windows OS (Insider builds) updates.

@DPSalphav wrote:

Apprantly, Microsoft Edge (old one) was my pdf reader/editor. It had great features such as adding notes, drawing on it. However, this chronium version do not have those. I really hope Microsoft adds these features back. Also, I wish you can add text boxes on pdf. 

(P.S scrolling on chronium edge is laggy and not smooth at all!) 

I concur, Microsoft, please add in an updated version if you could in the next following Edge updates

- perhaps call it Markup, and please be sure to include the following

• PDF editing/viewing
  • PPT editing/viewing
  • MSOffice docs editing/viewing
  • Surface Stylus Support
  • Surface Dial Support
  • Page Indexing
  • and obviously, quick-save for exporting/sharing

Yes I am a Windows Insider as well. You could very well be correct.

PDF markup is the only reason I use the old Edge browser. Looking forward to it being added to Chrome Edge.