Home

Add a button to Snip & Sketch

Scotty808
Microsoft

Add a button that launches Snip & Sketch from within Edge. I know it's super easy to launch Snip & Sketch with keyboard shortcuts but taking a screenshot is one of most basic things that many users still don't know how to do but would probably want to do if they knew how. "How to take a screenshot" is one of the most popular Windows topics in Google Trends. Just for grins and giggles, I dare you to put the screenshot button in the URL box, next to favorites and reading view and see how many people use it. :smirking_face:

4 Replies
Thank you for the suggestion @Scotty808. Just one question is that a dare or a dog-dare? I will let the team know about this ask.

Oh, it's a double dog dare, @Elliot Kirk!  :dog_face::dog_face: Edge currently has a notetaking section which has capabilities similar to Snip & Sketch but I almost never think of using it. I think part of the reason is that it has a pen icon and I think that's for people who want to handwrite with a Surface pen and I don't have a pen. It has some pretty nifty feature that I wish they will build into the new Edge as well but they need to change that icon. Taking screenshots are one of the most requested how-to topics. Making the icon prominant and easy to get to would be pretty handy. I can share some of my examples if you wish, but A/B testing it in the UI is the best way to see if I'm just blowing smoke. :no_smoking:

@Elliot Kirk Scotty808 is right. A built-in screen or webpage capture tool would be a stand-out feature (Chrome does not have this) that I think a lot of people would love. This is why it's such a popular feature of Firefox.

@Elliot Kirk I just wanted to add that I think the "Add notes" feature in the current version of Edge is very cool and I wish it would be basically ported over to the new Edge, but maybe with the icon and other suggestions Scotty mentioned.

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
35 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on