AdBlocker Request

Silver Contributor

This is just a request for another extension called "AdGuard AdBlocker"  I really like all the customizability of this extension.  I use it on Edge classic and works great.  It has lots of options.  I also think it does a much better job than all the others, but, that is just my 20cents......

Dennis5mile

9 Replies

@Dennis5mile 

You can install this extension on the Microsoft Edge preview builds also.

If you go to our article here, it goes into a step by step process to install out of store extensions.

Hope this works for you,

Frank

@V-FRROME wrote:

@Dennis5mile 

You can install this extension on the Microsoft Edge preview builds also.

If you go to our article here, it goes into a step by step process to install out of store extensions.

Hope this works for you,

Frank

Well, it might except for the fact that it is coming from Chrome...   I'll go without it and wait for the safety of getting it from the MS Store when I know MS has gone through its coding to make sure it is safe to use.....  @V-FRROME 

Thanks though for you response and info...

Dennis5mile

Getting the extension from the Chrome Web Store is fairly safe. It's not like Microsoft and Google are *that* different in terms of review processes, right? I don't know. The Chrome Web Store obviously has the bigger library, has more users and more downloads. Google has more accountability with more users, but it and Mozilla sometimes face malicious extensions.

The best way to see if you can trust it is by download count, affiliated websites, screenshots and reviews.

@pneenkoalabear 

Ich hab auf 2 PC den Edge Canary installiert. Auf einen ist UBlock Origin aus dem MS Store, bei dem anderen UBlock Origin aus dem Chrome Web Store. Beide haben die Version 1.19.6. Der UBlock Origin für Edge Klassic hat 1.15.24 und ist nicht Up to Date.

I installed Edge Canary on 2 PCs. One is UBlock Origin from the MS Store, the other is UBlock Origin from the Chrome Web Store. Both have the version 1.19.6. The UBlock Origin for Edge Klassic has 1.15.24 and is not up to date.

I am 90% sure that something changed within the last few weeks. I did edit my comment as I admit I was wrong.

@pneenkoalabear 

I didn't mean negative. Should be information. I installed a canary and a dev channel on three computers each.
Where I once installed extensions from the MS Store, on the other from the Google Web Store. So I can compare if the extensions get updates or if others have been added to the Edge Store.

@Dennis5mile wrote:

This is just a request for another extension called "AdGuard AdBlocker"  I really like all the customizability of this extension.  I use it on Edge classic and works great.  It has lots of options.  I also think it does a much better job than all the others, but, that is just my 20cents......

Dennis5mile

Bumping this request to see if we can get this added to the extension store.....

Dennis5mile

Asking for this extension again...

adguard.jpg

I'd send it through smiley, but there seems to be no way to add your own screenshots....

Thanks

Dennis5mile
@Dennis5mile 

Bump!