AAD Sync

MVP

It looks like AAD sync is up and running  - it's working with one of my tenants. However, on a second tenant, Edge is telling me that my administration has disabled sync. This is a surprise as I'm the administrator. I can't seem to find a setting for this in AAD - is there one? Or is this just a rollout issue? Thanks!

7 Replies
Which Edge insider channel is it happening in?

@HotCakeX - I'm using the weekly build - 1 up from canary

@John White 

I have the same problem but with only one account.
Here's the other discussion about this problem, maybe someone give us a solution there:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/MS-Edge-Enterprise-Account-Syncing/m-p/815166#M91...

So it appears that the issue is that it requires AD Premium, in particular - Enterprise State Roaming. I had two tenants, one with, one without. One worked, one didn't. I lit up AD Premium on the one that didn't and after a little while, I was able to get it going. 

@John White 

Thanks for the info I get the very same message on my tenant which is not having an AD Premium, very confusing message.

@Thierry Barthel 

I have the same issue.  I guess I will have to use my personal account so that everything will sync. 

I also noticed something about needing AAD Premium.  WTH is that and why do I need something extra when my free MSA account works perfectly?  Is the premium a paid addon to Office 365 paying customers or is it just a check box somewhere?

Please help.

Chris