Site Design - Add-SPOSiteScript Get-SPOSiteScript

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I've followed the article for creating site design but i'm unable to run powershell command-let despite of upgrade to latest version SharePoint Online Management Shell v: 16.0.7115.1200 (11/23/2017) 

i'm running on Windows 7 (64bit) Enterprise - SP1 and powershell version 

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
5 1 14409 1012

and get following message

Get-SPOSiteScript : The requested operation is part of an experimental feature that is not supported in the current environment.

Any clue?

8 Replies

I have also same error and this error mean "Site script"  feature is not yet enabled in your tenant.

are you referring to tenant level Site Script settings? i do have them enabled.

No, i meant "Site script" feature not yet rolled out in your tenant.  just before i checked my tenant that command is working fine in my tenant.

Well, it seems you don't have the ability to add custom themes in your tenant yet

I'd recommend a uninstall and reinstall of the SharePoint Online Management Shell. I was running into issues with the module update.

That said, I don't think Site Scripts and Site Designs are live in anyones targeted release tenant yet. I've got both built out and they just hang when initializing on site creation. :\

When will Site Scripts and Site Designs roll out to Targeted Release customer?

Site Theming options are already GA I believe since have a customer who is on Standard Release and has the capability for creating custom themes

i don't see it yet on my tenant, i have switched recently to Targeted Release Customer option on my tenant, so not sure if i'll get it soon.
I've tried it several times, looks like its not yet available to my tenant