Receiving error with Office Graph querying a site collection with large number of document libraries

Brass Contributor

I have a test site collection with 2500 document libraries (I created them using PnP). 

I just tried returning a list of them via Office Graph Explorer but I get an error.

GET: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/<tenant>.sharepoint.com,<site_id>/Lists?$top=10

Failure - Status Code 504, 20312ms

{
"error": {
"code": "UnknownError",
"message": "",
"innerError": {
"request-id": "c1752b49-6dc1-4a18-a3db-d29e4107aca4",
"date": "2018-10-02T21:16:09"
}
}
}

The above GET works on site collection with a smaller number of document libraries.

Thanks for your help in advance.

8 Replies

yes, it was in Office Explorer I received this message. I normally use the explorer first before diving into code. thanks

office-graph.png

Just to add I the query works fine on an out-of-box just created site and returns all the lists ok.

Could you provide the request id that you got in the response there. I can run a background trace from my side to see execution paths.

Thanks @Jeremy Thake - this is one I've just received via the Graph Explorer - I can give you external access to the site collection as it's just a test site collection with just 2500 document libraries. No data.

{
   "error": {
    "code": "UnknownError",
     "message": "",
    "innerError": {
     "request-id": "37e90bc0-e12c-488d-be2e-88471fa41559",
     "date": "2018-10-04T07:59:18"
   }
 }
}

This has been investigated and the team have confirmed its an issue. They are currently looking at how the fix this. I'll update this thread once its resolved.