Export to excel: You must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application

Deleted
Not applicable

Getting following error message in SharePoint Online while export list data to excel: "you must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application". Any suggestion on this from microsoft team?

11 Replies

Try this solution if it will fix your error: When exporting from SharePoint Online, please make sure you are using 32-bit version of Internet Explorer and enable compatibility view. Also, check the Web Client service and have it started.

Hello Aljohn,
I am using IE 11 with version 11.0.9600.18697 32-bit browser with compatibility view enabled and Web Client service is started on my computer. Can you please suggest if I missed anything?

If it is still having error, here are other solutions that might help you: Check add-ons on your browser and verify if all Office and SharePoint add-ons are enabled. Also, this issue might occur if you have running multiple versions of Office on the same PC because you must only have one version of Office. Lastly, exporting doesn't work with Custom List.

Dear Sir/Madam,

please help me i can't export online excel file,so please help us.

Regards

Shashi Prakash Pandey

how can i check 32 bit internet explorer or not

All, just to add, you can start FROM Excel and import the data via the Data tab... works no matter what the version of IE or Office is...

Data > Get Data > From Other Sources > SharePoint List.

i am using 64bit is sharepoint foundation not compatabile with 64 bit ?@Aljohn Bonifacio 

If it helps, I am on Win 10 and have both the desktop version and the app version of Office 2016 installed. I was able to resolve the error by closing the app version of excel. This forced the browser to open the connection file in the desktop version of Excel 2016.

I read all nine replies, but Internet Explorer is practically gone, and the suggestion to go through MS Excel and "Data" did not work either because under "Get Data", "From Other Sources", there was no option for SharePoint.

Any other ideas to try perhaps?

I have the same error for MacOS, and it converts the iqy file to dll immediately from Googel Chrome. Any update on this?