Office Deployment Download Folder

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly familiar with the office 2016 deployment toolkit and the config file syntax but I'm just wondering about the best practice for downloading the actual bits.  At the moment we have seperate folders for office, project and visio with a seperate config file in each folder to specify the corresponding Product ID.

My question is is it possible to use a combined config file to download all three apps at once and then use seperate config files at installation to install the required app?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hi!

Sorry for not answering your post, but I`m really struggling to find the Office365 version of Visio 2016 Product ID to use for my Configuration / download xml-file. Do you have it? I`m currently trying out the <Product ID="VisioProRetail">, but that won`t let me activate Visio with my O365 credentials...

Best regards,
Jon

Hi Jon,

VisioProRetail is the correct ProductID for the Visio Pro for Office 365 subscription, but you will also need a Visio Pro for Office 365 license assigned to the user for product activation.

Cheers,

Chris Hopkins

Senior Program Manager - Office

Hi Martin,

Creating separate folders for ProPlus, Visio and Project actually creates duplication because all the Office applications are included as part of the core set of files that are downloaded using the Office Deployment Tool.  If you must manage deployments from a local source, we recommend creating a single location to store the Office files and the individual language packs that you believe you need to support within your environment.  From this single source you can create multiple configuration XML files to support the different configurations your users need while maintaining a single source.

snip_20180723112655.png

Cheers,

Chris Hopkins

Senior Program Manager - Office