Configuring 2nd Hybrid Exchange server on another physical site

Copper Contributor

I want to install 2nd hybrid server on different physical (site) country

what are the requirement ( certificate will be shared ) and migration end point will of different names etc?

7 Replies

Hi Adnan,

To install a 2ns hybrid or aditional server the requirements are the same on terms of Configurations of Exchange, Virtual Directories, Certificates, Path's, Authentications, etc.

Regarding the migration endpoint that you can publish your site in your second country using a different name pointing to your second exchange.

Hi Nuno,

i want to know the exact mail flow how it goes , if you use different naming on other sites then different certificate right?

also as per microsoft i heared that we can make single connection to on premises from O365

so how it will work if different name.

Hi Adnan,

The mail flow that you already have you can maintain or add the additional server, it depends where do you have your users and if you want a High Availability Scenario in a geo location.

The certificate could be the same, normaly you can have a UCC Certificate or a Wildcard in your environment. 

You can have as many connections that you want to the Endpoint of Migration, as per Connector, but just take care where your users on-premises are.

Here you have more documentation:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638129(v=exchg.160).aspx 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200581(v=exchg.150).aspx#doc

thanks for the reply ,

i dont want HA , actually my users are on both countries(Saudia and UAE) having Exchange deployed on both data centers

Hybrid deployed on Saudia Data Center , now migration is done for all users active there .

now we need to migrate UAE Users , active DB of Exchange is in UAE , passive in Saudia

kindly suggest me 

whether i can continue migration of UAE Users using same hybrid ? in this way data migration will be from saudia to Exchange online?

OR we need to deploy 2nd exchange hybrid here in UAE ? 

Hi Adnan,

To best acomplish your goal that you described, the best practice is to deploy a 2nd Hybrid Server on UAE and Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizzard to point to UAE site, or just create another Endpoint of Migration on Exchange Online to point the migration just to the UAE site.

Thanks for the Reply

please clear one more thing for 2nd Hybrid in UAE

Same Certificate on 2nd Hybrid right? and same public Name with different Public IP right?

If you want to change the comunications to the other site you can use the same certificate with the same names and point to the different IP.