2 exchange ON PREMISE (not the same domaine) To One Tenant Exchange Online

Copper Contributor

Hello I am looking for an expert 365 because I can not find answers to my questions. Basically I have a company that bought another. There are two different domains, two exchange on independent sites. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to link the two exchanges in office 365 (hybrid mode). Already requires approval of domains otherwise O365 does not support sync. On the other hand can we connect 2 exchanges (independent) on 1 tenant?

7 Replies
Figure out what the endgame will be..
- Which domain will you have those users sign in to?

You can export other sites AD users usernames and other details from the newly acquired company on a csv file.
Create their AD user accounts in your AD.
Add their domain as a accepted domain in Office 365
Get a export of the .pst files of all exchange mailboxes and upload them to the Azure blob spot and use the .pst import mapping file to import their pst files to their new mailboxes.
Because you have added their domain as a accepted domain, you can keep their old email address as a alias.

thanks,
Ash,MCE

@Ash365 Ok thx

It's not possible to associate 2 exchange (different domain) to ONE TENANT

DOMAINEA have a exchange and it's in DOMAINA.LOCAL

DOMAINE B have a exchange and it's in DOMAINEB.LOCAL

DOMAINE A and DOMAINE B are independant no forest approbation 

Hi @jmace35000

What will be your future scenario ? All users on Office 365 ? Exchange Hybrid from one AD ? 

@Nuno Silva Futur Scenario ALL USER in Office 365 

But for the moment we have 2 exchange on premise with 2 domains

Hi @jmace35000,

What are the Exchange versions and number of users of each domain ?

@Nuno Silva  Exch2013 for DOMAIN A and DOMAIN B

Domain A ==> 150 USERS

Domain B ==> 10 USERS

Hi @jmace35000,

I suggest to implement Hybrid in domain A and for Domain B migrate manually or use a third party tool to migrate the mailboxes.