New Edit experience and new Delve profile...... still missing a trick.

Deleted
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I was excited to see my calendar on Delve along with the ability to click contact information to be taken to the new edit experience. I think this is indeed a step up but seems things are still missing, i.e how do I add a PA, this takes you to the old edit experience, from there you can edit your custom properties but these do no show on the new Profile information when you click someone.

You have now introduced an extra layer to editing as you have to go to both edit experiences in order to fill out content, why would you do this? User adoption poses enough challenges without having to explain to end users, heres where you edit xxxx but to do yyy you need to do this.

3 Replies
Glad to hear this is rolling out. Still awaiting this feature. Interested in your points, users will not value added complexity.

Hi John,

It seems this is still the case, no changes as to the way end users edit there profiles. I wanted to add some custom properties for Qualifications, LinkedIn Url etc but these would only show in the old edit interface, and from there the end user would need to click the 3 dots and go to custom properties tab, then from the add information. Only then would it show in the new modern edit interface.

Fingers crossed they sort this soon....

I might be wrong, I usually am, but I get the impression a lot of work around this has shifted to the new extended Profile Card rolling out from yesterday as a cross suite tool. Delve seems to be repositioned with some features such as Search radically improving, and others such as Profile and Blog stagnating and the upcoming repositioning of My Analytics. Objectively Delve, in many ways, was a gateway to the Microsoft Graph and the weaving of the Graph across the suite has diminished this app. I'd love the team to give us the refreshed strategy for Delve in light of the major updates we're seeing across the major and new products and services in Office 365. Just my tuppence. Regards.