SOLVED

New Delve User Profile experience falsely assumes OneDrive is enabled

Deleted
Not applicable

Hiya

I have a client that has a limited rollout of OneDrive on their tenant and the new experience for user profiles now breaks for those users without OneDrive...

If a user clicks "about me" to go to their profile and then clicks the photo button on their avatar pic, it should send you to the legacy SharePoint user profile screen. This is important because if you have created custom profile properties this is the place where you edit them.

But if the user does not have OneDrive provisioned (ie via permissions), the URL generated is bogus and they get a 404. All users with OneDrive work fine.

I suggest that it is unwise to assume Enterprises will provision personal OneDrives for everybody and suggest it should be fixed...

Paul

7 Replies

Thx, Juan. Let me loop in the Margrete who can review and assess: @Margrete Sævareid.

Margrete, can you loop in Vikramjeet (or best profile SME)?

best response
Solution

Thank you for reporting this, Paul. I just want to let you know that we are currently working on a fix for the issue.

@Margrete Sævareid and @Mark Kashman thanks for the quick response to this reported problem. Responses like this are greatly appreciated and indicate a strong concern for the customers.

Absolutely agree with Dean :)

Thank you all. This issue should now be fixed. Do not hesitate to let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Hi @Margrete Sævareid, this issue has reappeared, albeit in a different way.

Today on my clients tenant the "edit" link that allows you to edit "Additional Properties" in the profile has stopped working. I have highlighted below... the link looks like a valid hyperlink but nothing happens when one clicks it. This is a big problem as users have no means to edit custom profile properties.

Also note that the users avatar. Unaffected users see the camera icon in the avatar picture but affected users do not. It smells like the same issue as previously reported...  javascript not properly testing assumptions about OneDrive (which many enterprises will roll out slowly)

Paul

NonODUser2.PNGODUser.pngNonODUser.PNG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Thank you for reporting this, Paul. I just want to let you know that we are currently working on a fix for the issue.

View solution in original post