Login error

Iron Contributor

Starting to get the following error when I try to access Delve.

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Anyone have any ideas???

16 Replies
Did you try to open an InPrivate session?

Not available - I run everything in Edge

Strange...it could be again the "famous" cookies problem cc @Anne Michels

Adding @Mark Kashman 

Thx, @Anne Michels. And Hi, @Guy Johnson.

Guy, can you try one thing for me and let me know your outcome? Open Edge, and simply type in http://delve.office.com. Hit return, and let me know if this helps. Also, might be a good idea to clear your internet cache, too; close out of Edge, and restart Edge - and then try delve.office.com.

Also looping in @Margrete Sævareid who can review the progress of this thread and channel in some of the right folks from Oslo depending on what does, or continues not to, work.

Thanks,

Mark

@Anne Michels @Mark Kashman @Juan Carlos González Martín @Margrete Sævareid Saw the responses this morning after I started up the unit. Can't try anything mentioned as Delve works fine this morning.

Rebooting the PC yesterday didn't help.

Guess the PC and Delve wanted the night off. :)

Thanx to all for the responses. If the issue pops-up again I'll try the suggestions you all gave me.

Thank you for the update Guy. Do keep us posted if you see the issue again.

Over the past few months, I have seen that same error in a variety of sites. I don't recall seeing it during the previous 25 years of browsing the webs. I think that it is an Edge browser issue, but I have not spent the time to investigate it in detail.

Thank you Dean. I believe you are correct that this is related to Edge.

That makes me wonder more. Edge is supposed to be the Browser that works since it doesn't have all the overload that comes with IE.

And the other answer I always get (luckily not this time) is try Chrome or Firefox. To me that isn't an answer.

Either way it's working now

Sorry meant overhead not overload.

Never said I could type

I tried it using chrome as well as IE and I am getting the same error. I have gotten it a few times today and bunch of times last week.

Hi Ari. I am from the product group. May I ask what URL you are using? And if possible, do you have a trace you can PM me?

Thank you

Best regards,
Margrete

@Margrete Sævareid I am getting this error all the time in Chrome and Internet Explorer. I does not really matter which URL I am missing, either http://delve.office.com or https://eur.delve.office.com. Typically it works better to first go to OneDrive and after that navigate to Delve.

I am happy to create some tracefiles for you. Shall I create them and share them over email?

FWIW I get this issue intermittently and I have no idea what the cause is. 

HTTP 400 is displayed indicating:

Bad Request - Request Too Long
HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

This isn't isolated to me, it's affecting everyone in my organization.

that happened to me this morning on another site, and like you, i have no idea why (: