Delve Boards disappering

Iron Contributor

Has/is anyone experiencing their Boards disappearing? This is the 3rd time I have lost my Boards. I use them heavily to organize objects and it is a great way to keep like-minded items together.

I am not sure I am going to be willing to rebujild all my Boards again and this has been having a negative impact on the application and on adoption. The business is losing "faith" in being able to use aspects of the product.

Yes, I have opened a ticket (as I have for the other times). I'm just curious if others see this and how you mitigate the impact.

49 Replies
I have experienced some weir behaviors in regards of how boards are displayed...but this week everything seems to be fine. By the way I think the problem is just only a visualization problem so you don't lose board classification you have done
not yet but i keep the feeling a lot is happening in the background.

I still see Boards. We are on First Release.

Update

Opened Ticket with Support. Still no resolution

All of my Boards and all Documetns that I had marked as Favorites are gone. The documents exist, they are just longer represented within associated Boards or shown in my Favorites section.

Captures, Fiddler traces and previous occurence communications sent to support.

Waiting to see if this can be resolved or if I have to start from scratch again.

If this is something that occurs, I may not be able to continue recommending Boards and Favorites as a business tool as my users will get frustrated very quickly.

I came here looking for a post like this (or I would've made one myself). Yesterday we had a big issue with Search/Delve going down for about 15 minutes. Then not too long after it came back up we had a new Delve "experience" with a new Favorites tab underneath analytics. 

This wouldn't be a bad thing if it didn't completely remove all of the favorited documents. This issue was actually first discovered by my managers and I was able to confirm it. Interestingly enough, when I first click on it it shows a silhouette (sp) of the favorited documents but then a screen appears indicating I don't have any favorites (when in fact I do).

My boards are also missing.

I have attached two screenshots. Maybe it's coincidence that I had four favorited documents and it's showing four before saying I have none. 

I agree with you - Delve has just started to catch on with users in my firm and with a change like this I don't know how reliable people will find it. I hope this can be resolved rather quickly.

Update:

This morning several of my Boards reappeared (with the associated documents).

I am still missing 75% of my boards and my Favorites.

Based on a query performed against my tenant, at least the system knows about all of my Boards as I can see teh count, Titles, etc.

It seems this may be a rendering issue from Sharepoint.

I saw/see the same thing when accessing a Board (that I recreated) or my favorites.

It seems coincidental on the count of ghost objects that display before resolving to zero.

I've not experienced any issues with Delve boards recently, but we're not the best tenant to use Delve generally, since Delve is still not showing any documents from private O365 Groups.

Update

Using a query against Sharepoint to get a list of all my Board titles, I have recreated my Boards.

By adding one of the Board titles to a new document, the Board is recreated with the associated documents.

New issue is, It Delve will only display 5 Boards

Update: Resolved (no root cause though)

Busy day for me

Apparently the 5 Board Limit is part of the new design. The rest of my Boards are listed in Favorites.

End result is, I have everything back to the way it was (except the new view, which is just Works as Designed)

I don't have or know the root cause for the issue yet.

Query to return XML. Search in the results for <d:Key>Title</d:Key> to find your Board Titles

https://(your_tenant).sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?querytext=%27path:tag%27&startrow=%270%27&rowlimit=%271000%27&Properties=%27IncludeExternalContent:true%27&SelectProperties:%27Title%27

Thank you for your updates throughout the day. It's been a real help.

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread but i have had the same problem on a few occations. MS support were very good and got me back up and running on the past occations (Though i had to recreate favorites)  but this time it is only my boards that are gone, not my favorite documents.

Happened yesterday morning. Fustrating as it was a good way for users to keep track of regular documets irrespective of whether they were on sharepoint or onedrive. Being flakey is harming the transision.

Anyone have simular.

Shane

I, fortunately, haven't had that problem since I originally complained. Have you opened another ticket?

Not yet. Seem to having problems with Onedrive and searching within outlook too so was thinking they could all be related in some way and was a general issue.

Will wait until tomorrow and if no improvment will put in a new ticket.

Cheers

Shane

I know that they're updating the search personalization in Delve - so I wonder if your problems are branching from that? Just a thought...I have no basis behind that except that when they release new things sometimes other things break :-).

@Antoine Snow wrote:
I know that they're updating the search personalization in Delve - so I wonder if your problems are branching from that? Just a thought...I have no basis behind that except that when they release new things sometimes other things break :-).

Yes, i saw that and was thinking the same myself. It seems to be only happening for me.

I am on "First Release for current channel" and the other users are on "Current Channel"

As the problems all seem to be related to office graph (search) i think they must be related to the ungrade.  Fustrating.

It seemsthat this issue is still not completely solved.

Last week we had a dozen boards, today all boards are gone.

Is there anything we can do (besides creating a ticket) to bring them back?

I have not found any "quick" way to restore boards. It has required a service ticket and MS performing some backend work each time.
That said, at least they were able to restore the boards and favorites (as opposed to the first time when it all had to be regenerated by hand)