Can I see whom to contact(among my organization) for a particular software related issue

Iron Contributor

With office 365 subscription we can add our own interests and skills in Delve, but how can this be helpful for our organization? Can we search for whom to contact for a particular software related question? I have updated my skills in my profile, but how will my colleagues know that they can contact me for a particular issue?

4 Replies
The answer is Search across Office 365. You will be able not only to search for documents, but also for people in your organizations and here is where information added to the Delve profile provides value
I didn't get you. I tried searching for Excel in office 365, and it only showed documents. It showed a blank result in the people section.

How strange.  In a test tenancy, I added 'Office 365' as a skill and 'Excel' in the 'ask me about' field of a user account.  The user account shows up under 'people' when I search on either of those terms in Delve.  From what I understand, it can take up to 24 hours for new documents to show up in Delve, but I'm not 100% sure on other items such as profile data (I'm aware AAD has to sync with SPO user profiles).  How long has it been since you made the change, and do other profile items show up in a search? 

I don't exactly remember it, but It's been more than a month. I noticed that none of the skills I'm trying to search are showing up. But when I searched for projects, it did show up few results in people section.