Women ITPros Windows 10 Study Group

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone,

My name is Cherokee Boose. I have been working in IT for over a decade and am passionate about Microsoft products. I am also passionate about creating a diverse workforce.

@Cathy Moya and I were recently chatting, and she told me about a vision she had. She wanted to provide an opportunity for women to have an “on ramp” or way to get their foot in the IT door.

We both come from an instructional background and know firsthand how learning and certifications can positively impact one’s life.

We would like to invite individuals looking for a learning or teaching opportunity to participate in a 12-week user group type program.

Below I have outlined some details. If you have additional questions or comments, please feel free to reach out.

Group Objective: To provide Women IT Pro members* with a judgment-free platform to learn the Windows 10 Managing Modern Desktops objectives and gain the skills needed to pass the MD-101 exam.
*This can be compared to a RailsBridge type of workshop where we focus on empowering women in IT. Female attendees may be accompanied by members of all genders.
Description: This is a 12-week virtual study group for Women IT Pro members who are already somewhat familiar with Windows 10 but would like expand into modern desktop deployment.
Suggested Prerequisites: CompTIA A+ and Net+, MD-100, or equivalent proficiency.
Member Expectation: To attend sessions and foster an open learning environment for all members.
Study Group Dates: Jan 2020 – March 2020
Session Times: Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30pm PST
Office Hours: Fridays, time TBD

3 Replies
Sounds good, keep me posted, thank you

Will do! @Marci Sauro 

@Cherokee_Boose Would love to be a part of this! Sounds great.