SOLVED

User Group for ITPro Women

Microsoft

Are you interested in helping support women ITPros, and support women moving into community leadership roles in the ITPro community? We're starting a virtual User Group for ITPro Women.

Join us! 

There are lots of organizations that want to help women code, but we want to focus more on women who keep the code running, doing work like:

• day-to-day operation of networks, servers, clients, and devices
  • help desk
  • network architecture design
  • information security management

We also want to include women who work in other aspects of information technology aimed at keeping clients and servers up and running, like

• program/project/people management related to IT
  • technical training
  • technical marketing
  • technical communications

We'll welcome anyone of any gender who wants to participate in a safe space to talk about the challenges women face in a field with a lack of gender diversity. The goals are to network, support women learning technical and professional skills, and help women find mentors.

If you're interested in participating, reply to this post and tell me:

1. What are the best times of day for you to Skype into a meeting? (please include your time zone)
  2. What should we call this new user group? 

If there's interest, I'll pick a time and post the information here for our first virtual meeting.
(subscribe to this conversation to get email updates)

Please spread the word!

87 Replies

Thanks for the great first meeting. I'm glad to be part of this. I feel it's past time that women who are in IT but aren't coders get a chance to both support upcoming woman IT Professionals, but also be supported. It's high time. We need more women at the table when IT makes decisions that effect an entire, diverse, organization. Thanks again.

Hi!

I learned about this after today's meeting already happened, but I'm interested in joining!

Thanks,

Sandy Ussia (@SandyU)

I missed the Skype meeting but would like to join the group.

Thx

Hope it isn't too late. I would like to join the group.  I am in Oklahoma so Central Standard Time (GMT -6) is my time zone. Best time for me is 8am-5pm.

Is there a place where we can subscribe to be a member of the group or are people just joining the Skype call for now?  I saw this on Twitter so would like to subscribe as a member otherwise I suspect I might miss a meeting notice.

Thanks,

Hey Donna! If you've clicked the "Join" button on the top right side of the Diversity and Tech Community (https://aka.ms/diversityandtech), every time a new notice is posted on the community including this User Group space you will be prompted with a notification. You'll still need to physically dial into the Skype call each month though. The call recordings will be posted on the Member Resources page which only registered D&T Members will get access to.

Hi, Donna, we'd love to have you hang out with us! Like Shona already replied, subscribe to threads that interest you. We'll keep this one updated with any activity for the group. If you want to introduce yourself and tell us your story, we have a thread for that, too - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/User-Groups/Women-ITPros-Post-your-intro-here/m-p/196027#M76

Welcome to the virtual family!

I am the US lead for the "IAMCP (Int'l Assoc. of Microsoft Channel Partners) Women in Tech" #IAMCPWIT group.   Love to see diversity and change as well as mentoring and advocacy for all the young girls and women out there.

I am very technical and friendly.  I would love to help in any way I can with this group so please let me know!!!!

Very happy to this group exists.  A male co-worker showed this to me.  Happy to be a listen and to be a part of the discussion.

I LOVE that your male coworker helped to spread the word and support women in tech! Major kudos to these unsung heroes/male allies :)
Beth, so nice to meet you! I'll PM you and would love to see how we can loop in IAMCP in our initiatives! :)

Hello Cathy! 

Thank you for creating such an awesome group :) 

I signed up but now I am confused on where to keep a track  discussions/posts as well as Skype meetings? I am based in Dubai and available to join the meetings anytime :) 

Could you please keep me posted as well while sending the meeting invites?

Hi, @Deleted, I am creating new threads for each meeting. The next one will be July 27 at noon Pacific Time. If you follow me on Twitter, @CxPCathy, I will also tweet when we have a new meeting invite posted here. 

Feel free to start threads with any topics you'd like to discuss! 

Tip: You can subscribe to posts if you want to get updates when someone replies, even if you don't want to reply yourself. 

I am interested in attending.  I am in the Eastern Time Zone.  The time of day does not really matter except for between 12-1 EST.

Looking forward to the meetings.

Dawn Wertz

Thanks, I'm also sharing this with my mentor at work, she's been such an inspiration for me.

Hi!

I would also like to join these events. I  am on the CEST time zone.

Great initiative!

Regards,

Torunn

Great! I just posted the agenda for the next CET meeting, Nov 7

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/User-Groups/Euro-Time-Nov-2018-v-meet-up-for-WomenITPros-Nov-...

Hope you can make it! 

Cathy

I would love to be a part of this! My time Zone is GMT+6. I will prefer to have meeting at night in my time zone.

I want to participate.

1. On mondays should be great. I live in Brasil, 

BRT – Brasília Time

2. The name of the gorup should be DoItLikeAGirl
Hi, Juliana! We settled into #WomenITPros since it seemed the most direct, and not getting confused with other hashtags out there. Our "US/Canada" meeting is on the 4th Friday at noon Redmond time, which is 6 pm Brasilia time. We also have an "EU" meeting on the first Wednesday at 7 am Redmond time, 11 am Brasilia time. I need some help to keep that one going, if anyone is interested. We're hoping to find a leader to run a session at a time that would be good for Australia/New Zealand. Hope you can join us!