Update 1803 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Available Now!
First published on CLOUDBLOGS on Mar 27, 2018
Hello everyone! We are excited to let you know that update 1803 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test environment before they are made generally available.
This month’s new preview features include:
Pull distribution points support cloud distribution points as source
- Now you can set a cloud distribution point as a source for a pull distribution point.
Partial download support in client peer cache to reduce WAN utilization
- Client peer cache sources can now divide content into parts. These parts minimize the network transfer to reduce WAN utilization.
Improvements to PXE-enabled distribution points
– You can now configure a PXE-enabled distribution point to use a PXE responder service that supports IPv6 and does not require Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
Improvements in Software Center
Custom tab for webpage in Software Center
- You can now create a customized tab to open a webpage in Software Center
Maintenance windows in Software Center
- Software Center now displays the next scheduled maintenance window on the Installation Status tab.
Enable third party software update support on clients
- You can now enable configuration of 'Allow signed updates from an internal Microsoft update service location' policy and installation of Windows Software Update Services code signing certificates.
Enable copy/paste of asset details from monitoring views
– You can now enable copy/paste functionality in the asset details pane in deployment and distribution status monitoring views.
- When you are using remote control on a client with multiple monitors at different DPI scaling, the mouse cursor now correctly maps between the monitors.
Update 1803 for Technical Preview Branch is available in the Configuration Manager Technical Preview console. For new installations please use the 1711 baseline version of Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch
available on TechNet Evaluation Center
We would love to hear your thoughts about the latest Technical Preview! Send us your
Configuration Manager feedback
Feedback Hub app
built-in to Windows 10. When you
Add new feedback
be sure to select the
category and then choose from one of the following subcategories:
Configuration Manager Client
Configuration Manager Console
Configuration Manager OS Deployment
Configuration Manager Server
Continue to use our
to share and vote on ideas about new features in Configuration Manager.