Update 1710 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Available Now!
First published on CLOUDBLOGS on Oct 30, 2017
Hello everyone! We are happy to let you know that update 1710 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test environment before they are made generally available. This month’s new preview features include:
Check compliance for co-managed devices from Software Center when conditional access is managed by Intune
- Users can now use Software Center to check the compliance of their co-managed Windows 10 devices when conditional access is managed by Intune.
Limit Windows 10 enhanced telemetry to only send data relevant to Windows Analytics Device Health
- You can now set the Windows 10 telemetry data collection level to Enhanced (Limited). This setting enables you to gain actionable insight about devices in your environment without devices reporting all of the data in the Enhanced telemetry level with Windows 10 version 1709 or later.
Configure and deploy Windows Defender Application Guard policies
- You can now create and deploy Windows Defender Application Guard policies to Windows 10 clients that help protect your users by opening untrusted web sites in a virtualized browser (Edge and Internet Explorer).
Authorize software that is trusted by the Intelligent Security Graph as part of Windows Defender Application Control
- Device Guard policies in Configuration manager are now renamed to Windows Defender Application Control policies. This better reflects the scope of their functionality. On devices that run Windows 10 version 1709, software that is trusted by the
Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph
(ISG) can now be automatically authorized. The trustworthiness of the software is defined by reputation data from Windows Defender SmartScreen, Windows Defender Antivirus, and more.
Configure Windows Defender Exploit Guard
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard provides intrusion prevention rules and policies that make vulnerabilities more difficult to exploit in Windows 10. All Exploit Guard components are now configurable with Configuration Manager.
Improved descriptions for pending computer restarts
- The reason for a pending computer restart is posted.
- We’ve added the ability to configure security scopes for the Run Scripts feature. We’ve also integrated an additional improved monitoring experience as part of the Run Scripts wizard.
This release also includes the following improvements based on your feedback from UserVoice:
Allow up to 512x512 pixel icons for application in Software Center
- You can now deploy apps with up to 512x512 pixels icon to display in Software Center. This was earlier capped at 250x250 pixels and anything larger showed up blurry on Software Center. We have now changed this after receiving feedback from our customers.
Update 1710 for Technical Preview Branch is available in the Configuration Manager console. For new installations please use the 1703 baseline version of Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch
available on TechNet Evaluation Center
We would love to hear your thoughts about the latest Technical Preview! To provide feedback or report any issues with the functionality included in this Technical Preview, please use
. If there’s a new feature or enhancement you want us to consider for future updates, please use the
Configuration Manager UserVoice site