First published on CLOUDBLOGS on Mar 30, 2017
Hello everyone! We are happy to let you know that update 1703 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test environment before they are made generally available. This month’s new preview features include:
Windows Analytics Commercial ID and Windows telemetry levels
– You can specify the Windows Analytics Commercial ID and configure telemetry, commercial data, and Internet Explorer data collection settings in Client Settings for use with Upgrade Analytics.
In-place UEFI conversion
- You can customize a Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence to include the Windows 10 UEFI conversion tool.
Collapsible task sequence groups
- Groups in the task sequence editor can be collapsed or expanded.
Azure Services wizard
- The Azure Services wizard provides a common configuration for the cloud Azure services you use with ConfigMgr. This is done by using Azure web apps to provide the common subscription and configuration details that administrators would otherwise have to re-enter for each additional cloud Azure cloud service you use.
Direct links to applications in Software Center
- You can now provide end users with a direct link to an application in Software Center. This means they no longer must open Software Center and search for an application before they can install it.
This release also includes the following improvement for customers using System Center Configuration Manager connected with Microsoft Intune to manage mobile devices:
Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) enhancements
- Support has been added to tag education vs business volume purchase program tokens, device licensing, and adding multiple volume purchase program tokens.
Update 1703 for Technical Preview Branch is available in the Configuration Manager console. In addition, we updated the baseline version of Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch
available on TechNet Evaluation Center
. Now it is based on the Technical Preview Branch version 1703. Baseline bits are used for new installations.
We would love to hear your thoughts about the latest Technical Preview! To provide feedback or report any issues with the functionality included in this Technical Preview, please use
. If there’s a new feature or enhancement you want us to consider for future updates, please use the
Configuration Manager UserVoice site