Announcing the February Teams Localization Contest on the Tech Community

Microsoft

welcome.jpg

Hi Office International Community! We're looking for feedback on how the localized (non-English) version of Teams is landing in your market. We're running a contest from February 12th to February 23rd to find language issues on localized versions of Teams and are giving away a $100 Amazon voucher to the top 3 contributors for highest creation of new, original posts.

Here’s how to enter:

1. Using any browser, visit https://teams.microsoft.com or use the free Teams app from the App Store, Play Store or Windows Store. If you are new to Teams, have a look at the help content from Teams Help.  
  2. Set your language: in Teams, click on your picture (right top corner or left bottom), select Settings, and in ‘Language’ select your native language.
  3. Use the meeting scheduling scenarios in Teams
  • Click on menu option Meetings (left bar menu, 4th option)

step01.png

• Click on Schedule a new meeting:

step02.png

• Schedule a one-time meeting and a repetitive meetings (click on Repeat and try different options):

step03.png

• Use the Scheduling assistant to change the time:

step04.png

If you see anything you think should be fixed or improved, submit your entry by selecting  “start a new conversation” in the Competitions space with as much detail as possible:

• Language
  • Description of issue 
  • Steps to reproduce your issue 
  • Device/OS/Browser
  • Current translation 
  • Suggested translation  
  • English text (if known) 
  • Reason why you feel it should change  
  • Screenshot

Competition Rules

Full details of the competitions, eligibility and rules are available in this post. Note: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate. 

Thank you for supporting Teams, we encourage you to submit your feedback and contribute to improving the localization quality!

5 Replies
Sorry, I don't get it. What is the "schedule a meeting" above about? Why should I schedule a meeting? Or is it only in the meeting tab you want us to report issues?

Hi @David Andersson- for this contest we're focusing on the meeting scheduling scenarios and any translation issues found completing these scenarios

Hi team awesome, 

Here's a short suggestion in the Dutch Teams translation.

Language - Dutch

Description of issue - Two different naming conventions of the term "Connectors".

Steps to reproduce your issue  - Navigate to a team's "algemeen" section and click on the elipsis.

Device/OS/Browser - Surface Pro, Windows 10

Current translation  - Under the elipsis it is translated as "Verbindingslijnen" which is just wrong. And when clicking on the connectors, I get the original English term in the title (screenshot 2). 

Suggested translation  - No translation in this instance would yield a appropriate Dutch translation. Connectors is such a technical term that it would be best to leave it in English in my opinion. But if a Dutch translation is prevered than I would choose for "Verbindingen" or "Verbinders" or "Externe verbindingen".

English text (if known) - Connectors

Reason why you feel it should change - "Verbindingslijnen" would roughly translate as connection lines. And is in train tracks more than in IT related business. 

• Screenshots - 2 one with the wrong translation and one with the details menu.

Thanks @Erik van Hurck! As you have guessed now your post made it to us. I will make sure @Samantha Whiting gets to look at it. Much as it pains me to tell you, unfortunately, the competition finished last Friday so it will not be considered as an entry as per the rules. But thanks so much again for suggesting it. It will be looked at by the Skype Localisation team. Regards, Stafford 

Hi @Erik van Hurck- thank you for your feedback, confirming as @Stafford Quaid noted that we're looking into this.