Where do I ask a question about a technical issue with the tech community platform?

MVP

I was attempting to change my email address and it won't send out the verification email and now I'm "unsubscribed" from subscriptions as a result.  Is there a problem with the profile email process?

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

8 Replies

I'm moving this conversation to Community Discussion and tagging @Allen to see if he can help you.

@Susan Bradley

Hi Susan,

I just confirmed the e-mail verification system is working as intended. The only thing I could suggest would be to check junk mail and if your using an organization's email account make sure they aren't blocking it for some reason. 

If you still do not have the verification email then please request it again and let me know what time you did that and what time zone your in and I will ask our engineering team to pull the mail server logs and see if we can see what happened. 

The only other suggestion would be to try a different e-mail account.

The verification email process - at least on that day I'll have to test it again - took several hours for the verification email to arrive.  It is not instantaneous like I am used to.

Thanks Susan

Let me know how you get on.

Attempted to change 3-9-218 5:54 pm pacific time.  Will report when the email comes in to verify.

Confirmation email was never received, checked spam filters, now trying another email address 3-12-2018 9:12 a.m.

Obviously the time change has left me bleary.  Forgot to hit save.  Adjusted email, hit save, hit to get confirmation email 1:37 p.m.

That one came through okay.  But my main sbradcpa-at-PacBell.net never did.  Weird.