Question Regarding Unread Messages in the Communities

Iron Contributor

I was not sure where to post this message, so I thought this area would work. I have noticed in the past few weeks that the communities I check on a regular basis and keep the read message count to zero keeps reverting back to unread messages. Each day the past few days I have gone through to mark all messages in that group as read and the next day I log on and there are 1,000+ unread messages again.

Is there an issue or am I doing something wrong? I went through and checked my settings, but I do not see anything that would be making this happen. As I mentioned, I click the drop down list and select "Mark all as read". The messages stay read for that day until the next day I log on. I believe I started seeing this happen last week and before that it was fine.

Anyone else seeing this or know if I need to adjust a setting in my settings?

Thank you!

John

4 Replies
No one else seeing this issue with messages that were read, or marked as read, showing up again? Is it a preference that I need to change? It was not doing this up until about three weeks ago.

John

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We will look into it.

Thank you! Might be something I changed in my settings, but I have gone through them a few times and not sure what it would be. Let me know if I need to check anything else.

John
I toggled a setting in my preferences for how items are marked as read. Appears that resolved the issue. I had toggled it previously to do auto or something along those lines. I switched it back to the default and when visiting the forums today it was the correct unread numbers. John