individual syncing issues

Copper Contributor

In a class notebook, the teacher's notebook is syncing and students can see his updates, but he cannot see all students' updates to their own space.  It is only a few of the students and we have made sure they are logged in correctly but I'm not sure what else to try.  We are using Office 365 but using the desktop version of OneNote.  The online version isn't updated correctly either.  Any thoughts?

2 Replies
This is something we get all the time. There are several reasons that I've tracked down, none of which are a definitive answer, but may help. Sometimes its because the students are using the Onenote App instead of Onenote 2016. We now have a small script which we run on an offending laptop that removes the app entirely, as changing the default doesn't work. On other occasions its because a student does their work at home on a different device and the new work hasn't synchronised- the solution in this case is to wait. Sometimes its because the student uses a mac. Occasionally it has turned out that a student has created their own notebook! We have sometimes taken the radical step of removing the entire class from the notebook and re adding them without any loss of work- this has been to fix another problem but seemed to cure the other one in the process. In the absence of any 'official' help on this, we are in the same boat as you- trial and error gets us through. Not ideal. Hope this helps. John

It seemed to be only one or two sections that were affected, so we just copied and pasted them and they worked fine.  I think the students are closing the program before syncing is finished.