SOLVED

Map Class Notebook to Teams

Copper Contributor

There was a way to map a notebook under Connections to a Microsoft Classroom. Now that Classroom is now Teams, is there a way to map a Class Notebook to a Teams class for adding grades to assignments?

15 Replies
HI Jamie, There isn't a way to do this in the browser but you can do this through the OneNote API and use the Move function to move the notebook into this location
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

It actually looks like the new version of the Class Notebook add-in (2.0.0) allows for this:

mapclassnotebook.png

@Shaun Creighton wrote:

It actually looks like the new version of the Class Notebook add-in (2.0.0) allows for this

I can confirm this. This was announced by Mike Tholfson on the last day of the 2017 Learn OneNote online Conference recently (It was released on that day - Mon 13 Nov) . One needs to update to the latest Class Notebook add-in. I've tested the connection between a Notebook and a Team and it works.

I'll have to look at it more, but at first glance it didn't look like I could map an existing notebook to a team. I'll keep at it.

@Jamie Hagan wrote:
I'll have to look at it more, but at first glance it didn't look like I could map an existing notebook to a team. I'll keep at it.

I must say that what I did was link an existing Teams Notebook to the Teams course. There are some challenges with connecting other types of notebooks. I would imagine that it should be possible with notebooks that have been created as Class Notebooks because they have the same kind of user structure, with users linked to section groups. Having said that, I haven't tested that.

An ordinary notebook that was not created with Class Notebooks would not have that user structure. In such a case you should create the Teams Notebook and then copy over the content.

How do you map existing class notebooks to teams? I look at "connections" but all the options except "connections" is grayed out. I use 2.0.0.

Hi all

I'm trying to map an existing classnote book across to teams. It all was going well until I get a message that says We ran into a problem. Please check if the notebook belongs to that class.

Any ideas??

I've got the same error. Is there already a solution?

We ran into a problem. Please check if the notebook belongs to that class.

I have run into exactly the same problem, and I'm getting the same error message, even though the Teams group is exactly the same as those with access to the Class Notebook. We really need a solution as it's hard to sell Teams to staff who have already set up Class Notebooks - they don't want to start all over again, or get involved in copying and pasting and then keeping two Class Notebooks updated. Very messy!

Yup exactly. It has meant that I haven't been able to use teams for any group where we already had our one-note set up : (

Zooming out, there just seems to be a lot of glitchiness in general with OneNote notebooks (especially Class Notebooks) used in conjunction with Microsoft Teams. We have sold Microsoft Teams as a "step up" from Class Notebook for teachers that were already using Class Notebook ... but then when they experience so many problems with the notebook that is created within Teams, they get frustrated. Hopefully Microsoft can work on that ... it's a definitely problem.

I am still getting this message and unable to use an existing class notebook in teams. Please can someone from Microsoft provide a workaround.

We ran into a problem. Please check if the notebook belongs to that class.

Many thanks

Alastair

@yellowal Me too. Still. It's so frustrating as I want to use the assessment function of teams tied to the content of my notebook and it looks like it SHOULD work but doesn't. 

Has anyone been able to fix this?? Do we know? @Daniele Harford-Fox 

@d-martinez not that I know of :( 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

It actually looks like the new version of the Class Notebook add-in (2.0.0) allows for this:

mapclassnotebook.png

View solution in original post