How to completely remove students from classnotebook

Copper Contributor

I removed students from within the classnotebook but they still keep appearing  - is there a further level at whoch they must be removed?

3 Replies

You should remove them here: portal.office.com > Class Notebook > ...

Sketch.png

Hi Mark - just confirming that you did use the OneNote Class Notebook tool to "Add or remove students" (in this case a student). Manually removing via other methods (e.g. changing permissions) causes issues. One thing to note - OneNote never truly removes a teacher or a student (otherwise their content would be stripped out). Instead, it removes permissions so that the 'removed' user can no longer access. That means that the user is still visible, and shared content (e.g. in Collaboration Space) remains. Hope that helps!

Yes Andrew - used the link from within Classnotebook tab in Onenote to "Add/REmove students" I removed a student and clicked UPDATE. later when I check (after making sure sync is complete) the student still appears in the class note book? (Onenote and classnotebook are latest updates of the programs and all Win 10 updates are applied) ??

Mk