How do we manage collaboration space permissions in notebooks created in Classroom?

Iron Contributor

Hi

Great news about the ability to add permissions to collaboration spaces in class notebook:

https://blogs.office.com/2017/04/19/onenote-class-notebook-updates-include-read-only-parent-or-guard...

One snag I have found is that I cannot use the method shown in the video for class notebooks that I have created in Classroom, as they are not saved in OneDrive. The option to change these settings do not exist when I try to manage the class notebook in Classroom itself.

I am worried this problem will reoccur when class notebook is added to Teams, so hopefully somebody can shed light on this.

Thanks

6 Replies

agreed as I have already played a bit with teams and this same exact problem is arising in that onenote notebook. 

Looks like my fears are confirmed.

I cannot manage class or staff notebooks created in Teams. They do not show on the list of manageable notebooks.

I do hope this is being looked into, as controlling the collaboration space and adding a Teacher Only section is a much wanted feature.

Looks like this has now been addressed (sort of).

Class notebooks created in Classroom and Teams are now able to be managed for some of our users and not for others. 

We have not figured out why some can manage and others can not.

Any suggestions?

Do you have found any fixes? Still having the same problem. Class notebooks created by Teams are not managable by me.

No progress. I have three staff with all different experiences.
I do not have any facility to fix these either.

This is a problem that needs to be addressed quickly by MS.  It is creating a lot of extra work for my teachers.