Collaborative space restrictions

Brass Contributor

Hello!

I would like to know if (I don't think, but...) it is possible to restrict usage of a certain tab to a group of students in a class notebook collaborative space. What we would like to do is keep a collaborative space private to groups of students who work on a specific project. We have numbers of courses who use this type of work and at the moment, we use collaborative space so that they can share their work, but everybody in the class can check it, modify it. 

If it is not possible, could it be put on the list of most wanted ameliorations?

Thanks for all answers.

6 Replies
No, I don't think it is but its something I've asked for long ago in feedback.

Many teachers ask for this feature. As a Teacher Ambassador I get this as feedback in almost every school.

Just had a teacher today ask me about this. He got the collaborating students to set up their own section within the space and password protect it; the password they then shared with him. This is a good solution except that anyone in the whole class could (if they wanted to) delete the entire section by right clicking on it, regardless of the PW protection. I expect that it is fiendishly complicated to engineer a collaboration space that can be divided up and hidden from other groups, but at the moment, the space is no different from an ordinary section in an ordinary notebook- ok it can be locked, but the really useful thing would be to divide it into groups of students.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your need, but would password protecting the group section within the Collaboration Space work for you? We have students doing that currently, and it seems to work for them.

Actually it is possible to create those restricted sections yourself by editing the permissions for specific users. I do that all the time. 

A password protected section is not fail-safe, because others (even though they can't access) can delete the password protected sections. 

That would do the trick waiting for an easy way. But can't figure out how to do that... Could you tell me how you get to the propeties of those tabs?